Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   plo $100 deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495495)

darkcore 09-07-2007 01:41 AM

plo $100 deep

sorry for not having a convertable hh. action/stacksizes should be close to correct, though.

i suck at deepstack play. comments welcome on all streets.

sb ($65)
hero is bb ($320) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
mp (60/20/1/50, was already deep when i joined the table, no further reads) ($270)

preflop
mp bets $4.5, some callers, i decide that i am oop and we both are deep so i just call (should have raised, right?)

5 to the flop ($20): 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

mp bets $10, sb calls, i call with my straightdraw. all others check/fold.

3 to the turn ($50): A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb bets $47 and is all-in
hero was just sandwiched, uses some foul language and does not know what to do.
the other deepstack is still left to act.

so what is my play here?

just curse some more and fold?
do i call hoping mp just comes along and re-evaluate river or fold to a rr?
what are better lines for the others streets?

TheRempel 09-07-2007 02:07 AM

Re: plo $100 deep

Call and hope he tries to isolate the SB. Folding is pretty bad given the action. SB is likely to either have something like aces up and the NFD or
TJQ and is trying to fold you both out on the turn. Folding would be yuck.

BlueBear 09-07-2007 05:12 AM

Calling looks good.

luckyjimm 09-07-2007 09:22 AM

Eh, I would repot turn in an instant for a nice juicy sidepot against villain who, you hope, will miss his big draw.

wazz 09-07-2007 10:18 AM

Call turn but you can happily raise flop something like 30% of the time IMO.

luckyjimm 09-07-2007 10:25 AM

Wazz, why not raise turn to get value from the big stack?

sc000t 09-07-2007 10:44 AM

In the event the SB has the straight already you don't want the other deep stack to be scared out by your raise. Calling here is the play and hoping the other deep stack calls to give you odds to hit. Also, If deep stack calls, I'd value bet non spades on the river.

dshadow35 09-07-2007 10:57 AM

I'm in agreements with everyone that calling on the turn is probably the best play here given the action already.

However, I'm just curious why you wouldn't want to raise your hand preflop, is it 3 handed?

I would try to get some value into the pot before the flop comes out. The only problem is you are giving your hand a bit if you only re raise with Aces in this spot.

Just wanted to throw a twist out there.

darkcore 09-07-2007 11:15 AM

thanks all for the input so far.

hero calls, mp pots.

can i get away from my hand now?

@dshadow
re-raising preflop is surely an option, but i don't do it that often oop with aces. this way it makes flop play easier in a small pot and my hand is disguised when i hit.

wazz 09-07-2007 11:26 AM

First of all could you clarify the flop action please, it's messed up - who bet the flop, I'm confused.

Secondly, what's to get away from? You have a big hand, and are only worried about your outs being in other people's hands. In any case, you always have outs and plenty of them, and are in fact often ahead of two drawing hands or undersets. Lump it in.