Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   UFC 75 -- is it live on Spike? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494836)

whangarei 09-06-2007 07:32 AM

UFC 75 -- is it live on Spike?

Any UFC fans know if the fights Saturday on Spike TV are live? It starts at 9:00 EST on Spike and it's being held in London. It would be odd if they were fighting starting at 2 AM London time.

Davey 09-06-2007 08:05 AM

Re: UFC 75 -- is it live on Spike?

Pretty sure I heard it was on tape delay but Im just going off memory.

KDawg 09-06-2007 09:43 AM

it will be on tape delay. Dana White admitted it was a mistake to run it fully live back in June when they were in belfast

whangarei 09-06-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it will be on tape delay. Dana White admitted it was a mistake to run it fully live back in June when they were in belfast

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm gonna need to steer clear of all media/Internet Saturday then [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DonkeyKongSr 09-06-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few friends that I see every UFC PPV with. We go down to Huntington Beach, CA to a street near the pier that is nothing but bars and restaurants. On UFC Saturday nights, nearly every place is showing the event and packed. That Saturday at noon, there was 1 place showing it and they didn't get full until an hour or so into the event. Bad idea having a noon PPV.

KDawg 09-06-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few friends that I see every UFC PPV with. We go down to Huntington Beach, CA to a street near the pier that is nothing but bars and restaurants. On UFC Saturday nights, nearly every place is showing the event and packed. That Saturday at noon, there was 1 place showing it and they didn't get full until an hour or so into the event. Bad idea having a noon PPV.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was one of the problems that he cited was that they didn't have a split feed for the west coast, and even on the replay that happened around 7est didn't do all that well for those that live on the west coast. Basically it was an experiment that didn't work out well

MikeyPatriot 09-06-2007 01:42 PM

Yeah, I'm staying the [censored] away from anything that might spoil the fight.

sixfour 09-08-2007 07:44 AM

Bump - I noticed Setanta (in the UK) advertising the fight tonight, anyone know if that's on a separate PPV channel or on the normal package you pay a tenner a month for? Would be tempted to subscribe for a couple of months if it's the latter.

sixfour 09-08-2007 04:16 PM

Never mind, it's on Sopcast now

Joe Tall 09-08-2007 07:12 PM

I know the results for the Rampage fight. My wife works for him and is with his kids right now as I type. She just called me. PM me if interested.