Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   tough blind spot>? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494770)

CaptDEEbo 09-06-2007 02:53 AM

tough blind spot>?

Blinds are 500-1k....your stack=18k...your in the bb with JJ...sb pots it for 4.5k...who calls here and who pushes?? why?

Bakes 09-06-2007 03:22 AM

Re: tough blind spot>?

This is the easiest shove of life. If you call you open yourself up to get bluffed if overcards drop or let him get away from his hand, which he clearly likes.

rsxpunk 09-06-2007 07:21 AM

if this isnt like a mega insta shove for you then you need to reevaluate mtt strategy

DumbHick 09-06-2007 11:24 AM

Shove %100 of the time...You'll be surprised how light you will get called in this spot.

ASPoker8 09-06-2007 11:26 AM

raise the minimum

pegusus 09-06-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

idk, i'm thinking that unless your opponent is an idiot, he's gonna recognize a min-reraise as a sign of a big hand (read: high pairs) and will know that he's being set up to shove here. He would probably fold or get away from some hands that he'd call a shove with because with a shove he can put you on a somewhat wider range of pocket pairs and big ace hands which he'd probably be willing to race. So I would shove.

ASPoker8 09-06-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

idk, i'm thinking that unless your opponent is an idiot, he's gonna recognize a min-reraise as a sign of a big hand (read: high pairs) and will know that he's being set up to shove here. He would probably fold or get away from some hands that he'd call a shove with because with a shove he can put you on a somewhat wider range of pocket pairs and big ace hands which he'd probably be willing to race. So I would shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was completely kidding [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

pegusus 09-06-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i was completely kidding [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well played, i'm an idiot

09-06-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the minimum and fold to a sb shove

[/ QUOTE ]

finished your thought

oldschool043 09-06-2007 12:38 PM