Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200NL interesting hand against aggro 2+2er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492544)

hongster 09-03-2007 09:48 AM

200NL interesting hand against aggro 2+2er

Villain is PokerSoccer. We haven't really tangled, but I've seen him around the forums. He's run pretty laggy at around 35/28/3.5 over a few hundred datamined stats. He is sitting about 350BB deep, having gotten his stack before I sat down. Hero should be viewed as taggy.

Onto the hand...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $51.00
BB: $296.65
UTG: $770.80
MP: $262.00
Hero (CO): $200.00
BTN: $280.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $7.00, 3 folds

We has position. We has suited, semi-connected hand. We calls.

Flop: ($17) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $17.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48.00</font>, UTG calls $31.00

Flop is favourable. We can raise against AK/AQ/KQ for value, and we have a lot of outs against AA/KK/QQ. Of course, villain is so laggy that even his UTG range will include worse hands that haven't connected, but will still cbet with. Villain's call narrows his range to big jacks (JQ/JK/AJ), overpairs, sets, and OESD/NFD.

Turn: ($113) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Check behind for free card.

River: ($113) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $75.00</font>, UTG calls
$75.00

On river I am wondering if villain is tricky enough to try and check/raise a jack. Obv I haven't hit my draw, and am bluffing. If he was ahead on the flop, he still is now. I decide that there is very little chance he checks a jack, and I can accurately represent one, having checked behind on the turn, showing weakness. If he had NFD, he hit his ace on the turn, and I feel would likely bet. Obv we would have heard from KQ and boats by now too. So I feel this bet has a decent chance of taking the pot away from, say QQ/KK.

Pot Size: $263.00 ($3 Rake)

jfish 09-03-2007 09:52 AM

Re: 200NL interesting hand against aggro 2+2er

this is pretty bad, check behind river he never folds a better hand. also pot flop, raise to ~66, you pretty much minraised on the most drawy board possible.

CybrPunk 09-03-2007 09:55 AM

Check behind with showdown value imho. At best you might move him off a chop with a bet but even that isn't likely. I don't see him calling a river bet with many worse hands and he definitely isn't folding anything that beats us. Villain in this hand almost never folds QQ/KK and I seriously doubt he calls the river with 77-99.

slickss 09-03-2007 09:55 AM

I like it, as I would quickly put you on a jack if I didn't have one myself. Maybe you could've gotten rid of a strong ace with a bigger bet on the river..?

kidpoooker 09-03-2007 10:04 AM

Iam not understanding the river bet myself. What would he fold here that you don't beat? I would have checked, and might have won the hand straight out. Also he might have been on a draw himself. PLEASE check river.