Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Entourage: Season 4 FINALE Discussion (spoilers obv) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492283)

Jack_Burton 09-02-2007 10:48 PM

Entourage: Season 4 FINALE Discussion (spoilers obv)

WTF was that? I thought the episode was definitely weak and for a finale it was a very sour note to go out on. How are the ratings for this show? I'm a little concerned here as to what direction this is going in. From cool hip [censored] to now lame hollywood production woes cmon HBO.

RyanCMU 09-02-2007 10:56 PM

Re: Entourage: Season 4 FINALE Discussion (spoilers obv)

I got into Entourage because it was a funny mindless show about them balling it up...Thats what my buddies and I like about Entourage.

However, it seems like from the threads on here and other people I have talked too, the vast majority of people really like when things don't go "peachy keen," and they like the conflict and the drama of the show.

I also don't think its a demographic type thign really either, I like shows with substance and with conflict and good drama, and my tastes are varied as are my friends. However, Entourage started off I think catering to those types of people, the type who just want a taste of the "baller" lifestyle they live and just want a funy hip show.

I personally think the drama and conflicts that have been in the show recently seem forced and there just to create conflict. However, that is what many people watch the show for.

I just hope this next season of Entourage doesn't try and go in both driections. Either keep it casual and light without much conflict, or take it a more serious route. Don't keep trying to do both, because the storylines sufer.

ThaSaltCracka 09-02-2007 11:11 PM

this episode reinforced my belief E is bouncing.

MattSuspect 09-02-2007 11:12 PM

What a [censored] mess this show has become.

yi style 09-03-2007 12:35 AM

do people actually boo at film festivals?

Los Feliz Slim 09-03-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do people actually boo at film festivals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sofia Coppola's movie Marie Antoinette was booed at Cannes last year. I think it's not unheard of there.

CocoaKrispies 09-03-2007 12:46 AM

I still don't understand how it could have gotten into Cannes if it sucked so badly. E seems to be the only one that can spot a bad movie, so that reinforces my belief that if they actually make Silo, that will bomb too. Then how will Vince get his money to ball out of control?

Takes the show in a very poor direction.

fightingcoward 09-03-2007 12:56 AM

I dont see how they make Silo now with Walsh now that Medillen sucked so much

IggyWH 09-03-2007 01:00 AM

I think you guys are missing that now that Harvey owns the movie, he can do whatever the hell he wants to do with it, which is why E was trying to sell him the movie in the first place, to get it recut.

Walsh's version blew, but the recut with someone new will be good.

RyanCMU 09-03-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are missing that now that Harvey owns the movie, he can do whatever the hell he wants to do with it, which is why E was trying to sell him the movie in the first place, to get it recut.

Walsh's version blew, but the recut with someone new will be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, that things in the end will probably all turn out good, walsh will end up off the show, Vince will win an oscar for his role as Pablo, and Harveys recut of the movie will lead to it being a huge blockbuster sucess.

At least I hope...