Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   TPGK re raised AI what to do (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=491401)

Master_Shake 09-01-2007 02:01 PM

TPGK re raised AI what to do

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t6495)
BB (t3745)
UTG (t1695)
MP (t1985)
Button (t1080)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1470</font>, Hero?????

dw33b 09-01-2007 02:08 PM

Re: TPGK re raised AI what to do

I'm assuming this is a 3.4 Shake. Call and expect to see KT, KJ, flush draw, or even 77+. I don't think you can get away from this. Make a note of what he's playing this way with only 8BB's left.

Dr_Wonderful 09-01-2007 02:38 PM

I think you have to call this. Not a lot of particularly great insight, but you have a strong hand that is likely ahead and owe 900 more into a 3200 chip pot.

fluorescenthippo 09-01-2007 02:42 PM

easy call. you are way ahead and he isnt that deep. he has a draw or weak king like always.

Mench 09-01-2007 03:54 PM

this is a joke right. snap [censored] call.

Toronto86er 09-01-2007 07:55 PM

Pot committed now, but his utg limp for that much of his stack is often a trap in my experience, especially at this stage of the stt.

nuclear500 09-01-2007 08:18 PM

Why is everyone assuming this is a snap/easy call?

Couldn't UTG have limped with AK? Just because you would raise with it, doesn't mean someone else wouldn't.

Jbrochu 09-01-2007 08:27 PM

Not only is OP probably ahead most of the time he's getting something like 2.5:1 with no threat of future bets. I wouldn't snap call since the limp is a bit suspicious and villain has to expect us to call considering our lead out + stack size, but I still can't see folding this pretty much ever.

Dice Spadez 09-01-2007 08:44 PM

Honestly I think the correct play is a call for a few reasons ...

A) Chip stacks. You are already pretty committed and have a very strong hand considering the lack of action pre flop. I highly doubt your out kicked as a SS would probaby push big slick PRE.

b) He could easily push weak king or draw here!

c) if he got lucky with a 2 pair, then you stretch your ham-strings and hope for runner runner!

SHiP IT!

ymu 09-01-2007 08:51 PM

Read on UTG? If he's been pushing like a good 'un and then suddenly limps, there's a case for c/f the flop. Otherwise, what is his open limping range? Does he do it a lot - and with what kinds of hands?

Against the average shortstack-limper at this buy-in, you're ahead more often than you are behind. He has a random K, underpair, flush draw/straight draw a lot of the time.

You're getting fantastic odds against a much shorter stacked opponent, and if you win you're in a dominating position on the bubble with a shortie giving you licence to abuse.

This is a very easy call unless you have the kind of read that says "c/f the flop", which you obviously didn't because you led out.