Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QTs hits two pair on fairly uncoordinated, rainbow flop. capping good? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490435)

neurotiq 08-31-2007 01:57 AM

QTs hits two pair on fairly uncoordinated, rainbow flop. capping good?

i'm in utg+1 with QTs. UTG limps. i limp. CO raises. SB calls. BB calls. UTG calls. I call.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me. I bet. CO raises. SB 3bets. Both BB and UTG cold call 3 bets (??). I cap. Everybody calls.

I'm pretty scared by SB's check-3bet. What do you think?

kerowo 08-31-2007 02:05 AM

Re: QTs hits two pair on fairly uncoordinated, rainbow flop. capping good?

Reads would be nice.

I'd rather c/r the inevitable c-bet on this flop than lead out. When it exploads I hang on and see what the turn brings. Lots of scare cards out there.

tyler_cracker 08-31-2007 02:22 AM

Re: QTs hits two pair on fairly uncoordinated, rainbow flop. capping g

dude wtf flop donk. are you guys getting that from a book somewhere?

CSguy 08-31-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads would be nice.

I'd rather c/r the inevitable c-bet on this flop than lead out. When it exploads I hang on and see what the turn brings. Lots of scare cards out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it looks like you could get a bunch more bets in there by check raising the aggressor to your left. I'd be building a pot right now. On a safe turn, I'd be shooting to protect the hand/charge draws.

neurotiq 08-31-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude wtf flop donk. are you guys getting that from a book somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Tyler. I'm just trying to learn here.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you explained when it would be a good idea to donk and why it's not a good idea to do so here.

tyler_cracker 08-31-2007 03:08 AM

first tell us why you donked. what was your thought process? what were you trying to accomplish?

Bulletproof Monk 08-31-2007 03:34 AM

its pretty much never a good idea to donk

maverickai 08-31-2007 05:54 AM

I would have c/r the flop. since everyone showed passiveness by checking to you, and if you checked, CO would likely to C-bet. There would some callers, and you can raise again for value. Most of the time, those players who have called a bet, would call a raise again for just one more bet.

However SB's 3-bet is very alarming. He could have hit a set, and is trying extract max value.

Sushiglutton 08-31-2007 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how much trouble people (like myself for instance) in this forum have facing a donk I disagree. It also has a lot to do with how vulnerable our hand is and how likely BTN is to c-bet. Always checking to the raiser is not good either.

I don't think bet/3-bet is such a bad plan in this hand. Many worse hands BTN could raise with and the board is not excactly safe. Also BTN is facing 3 opps and will probably not bet for example 99 on this board. I don't know which the best line really is, but I don't think CR is so much better that u don't need to make a good argument for it.

sharpie 08-31-2007 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, although people do overuse it.

OP there's only 5 combos of reasonable hands beating you ATM, no I'm not scared at all.