Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Auto Call?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490316)

00Jopke00 08-30-2007 10:50 PM

Auto Call??

Relatively loose/passive 4-8 kill game at Pechanga.

In sb with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .

utg limps, utg+1 limps, button limps, I complete, bb checks.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, bb checks, utg checks, utg+1 bets, button calls, me?

ewile 08-31-2007 12:15 AM

Re: Auto Call??

I love these situations. IMO you've got to call and see what the turn brings, you've got a ton of outs to improve on the turn.

I actually think that a c/r here warrants some consideration, but at least call.

Scarmiglio 08-31-2007 01:56 AM

I would just call and see what happens. You don't have enough pot equity yet to warrant a raise. Also, a raise on the flop won't push out a better hand. Even A7 will likely call here. Also, if you hit 2-pair or trips your hand will be good most of the time even against 4 other players. The nut BDFD is nice too. FYI - you used the 4 of hearts twice in your OP.

mikeca 08-31-2007 01:56 AM

Is this a shorted handed game?

If this is really your hand and the board, I would call a misdeal. You have a 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in your hand and on the board. I assume one of these was some other suite.

In a full ring game, I fold A4o in the SB.

As played, I figure you have 6.5 outs here, and the pot is 7 small bets, so that is enough to call.

lqd78 08-31-2007 04:30 AM

-grunch-
6 outs.
u need 7 to 1 in pot. you do.
but someone could have 7A ot TA. and a flush draw.
I would fold

StrictlyStrategy 08-31-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a shorted handed game?

If this is really your hand and the board, I would call a misdeal. You have a 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in your hand and on the board. I assume one of these was some other suite.

In a full ring game, I fold A4o in the SB.

As played, I figure you have 6.5 outs here, and the pot is 7 small bets, so that is enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too stupid and lazy to figure it out, but does this factor in the times you turn the NFD, but in one bet(OR MORE) AND WHIFF THE RIVER? Or improve and lose?(pretty unlikely but it has to happen some time)

00Jopke00 08-31-2007 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI - you used the 4 of hearts twice in your OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board. I didn't even get the friggen color right. Guess the main point is that it wasn't a spade.

So the general idea is that calling is right.

[ QUOTE ]
6 outs.
u need 7 to 1 in pot. you do.
but someone could have 7A ot TA. and a flush draw.
I would fold

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense that I could be drawing to another 4 against AT or A7 and that it might warrant a fold, but without any strong reads, is he going to have one of those often enough?

gobbledygeek 08-31-2007 11:43 AM

* grunch *

I think I fold preflop cuz I'm horrible at playing big card bad kicker. Maybe if there was close to a family pot I'd complete...

I count 6.5 outs (2 Fours, 3 Aces, 1.5 for backdoor flush draw) and we're already getting our needed 7:1 so we easily continue. The question is whether to raise. A raise would make it bad for BB and UTG to continue if they were on gutshots, or they might even possibly fold a higher pair. I would consider raising but then I'm not sure what to do when a blank comes on the turn; check and hope the flop raise freezes up the others? The pot is small though so it might not be worth playing so aggresively; I think I'm leaning towards simply calling but I'm very unsure if that is the correct play.

GcluelessnoobG

lqd78 08-31-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It makes sense that I could be drawing to another 4 against AT or A7 and that it might warrant a fold, but without any strong reads, is he going to have one of those often enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

what i mean is that we are exact at our odds. and we have implide odds against us. why bother going on?

Frond 08-31-2007 12:15 PM

Small pot, peel one and fold UI on the turn. Try and hit the 4s on the turn if you can [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]