Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   When is Chasing justified (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490209)

SammyG-SD 08-30-2007 07:42 PM

When is Chasing justified

First Post- This is a live Game question so no converter.

3-Hours into a session, 2-3 $300 max buy-in, 9 handed. Table has three very good players at it (I am including myself), 3 ABC players, and 3 deadfish.

I have about $850 in front of me, and have been playing tight-aggressive and getting paid off. CO (about $400) is a very good player and we have been staying out of each others way.

UTG- I get pocke 88. raise to $18 and have four callers (3 fish and CO)
Flop comes 8d 4d 3d. I fire $40, 2-fish calls and CO min raises to $80. I know he has a flush, probably the nuts (which turn out right), but I continue to call, check call and folded on the river each bet was $40 by the CO (and called by the fishes)

I thought the implied odds would pay me off if I filled up, but now I am thinking that if the board paired I would lose the action to make this a good value. Thoughts?

AAismyfriend 08-30-2007 07:45 PM

Re: When is Chasing justified

[ QUOTE ]

3-Hours into a session, 2-3 $300 max buy-in, 9 handed. Table has three very good players at it (I am including myself), 3 ABC players, and 3 deadfish.

I have about $850 in front of me, and have been playing tight-aggressive and getting paid off. CO (about $400) is a very good player and we have been staying out of each others way.

Flop comes 8d 4d 3d. I fire $40, 2-fish calls and CO min raises to $80. I know he has a flush, probably the nuts (which turn out right), but I continue to call, check call and folded on the river each bet was $40 by the CO (and called by the fishes)

I thought the implied odds would pay me off if I filled up, but now I am thinking that if the board paired I would lose the action to make this a good value. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol good stuff

pokermaniac 08-30-2007 07:46 PM

Why don't you tell us this without results. Put it street by street.

jfish 08-30-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol good stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

i read this and was like "ill let somebody else deal with this".

SammyG-SD 08-30-2007 07:47 PM

it seems strange, but when you play at a table that always payoff, I tend to play it diffently than if it was online.

Hattifnatt 08-30-2007 07:47 PM

folded river for $40???

SammyG-SD 08-30-2007 07:48 PM

yes, river was a 4th diamond, and I knew I couldn't beat a flush.

Hattifnatt 08-30-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
good thing you had studied the hand rankings.

pokermaniac 08-30-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
good thing you had studied the hand rankings.

LOL....

mused01 08-30-2007 07:53 PM

Threads like these (where OP swears he's good and disproves himself through, ironically, the hand in question) put me on severe tilt.