Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Commerce 9/18, getting frisky with T9s (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489779)

SNOWBALL 08-30-2007 09:42 AM

Commerce 9/18, getting frisky with T9s

4 limpers to me. I raise T9dd OTB, because I think my equity is okay vs. the limpers ranges, and I will often get a 4 card flop if I want it, or I can bet the flop, and rarely get checkraised and check behind turn to see a free river. These guys are rarely donking turns or flops, and rarely CRing when there is a PFR.

One blind calls.

Flop KQ9 2 hearts giving me a gutshot and a pair.

Checked to me. I bet. 2 callers

Turn is an offsuit five. checked around

River is a queen of hearts. Checked to MP, who is unknown to me, and he bets.

I fold.

Is anyone betting this turn, or calling this river?

ackid 08-30-2007 09:47 AM

Re: Commerce 9/18, getting frisky with T9s

Id play it the same.

nineinchal 08-30-2007 09:55 AM

I give him credit for some sort of value bet here, so I fold. He is either holding any K, Q, or A-9 or the dreaded hearts, from middle position and betting the river. His range of holdings is too great for you to prevail here.

Either that or he totally bluffed you out.

SNOWBALL 08-30-2007 10:15 AM

cliffs notes:
I make the pot big, induce a bluff, and then fold for one bet [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

nineinchal 08-30-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cliffs notes:
I make the pot big, induce a bluff, and then fold for one bet [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your notes are wrong, especially the part about inducing a bluff.

The likelihood of a bluff here is about 20% here, in my estimation; especially since the flush card rivered. If the river was not the flush card, I may have called to keep him honest, but I say may have.

It would depend upon the player, which we don't know in this case.

sharpie 08-31-2007 05:36 AM

Looks good to me. On the turn your being ahead equity isn't too good when called in 2 spots on that flop. Also while you obviously want to bet if you knew you were ahead, you get the benefit of not putting another bet in when you're behind (duh) and also not putting another bet in when they have a worse hand that improves that wouldn't have folded to a turn bet.

Edit: River I can't imagine you being ahead often enough 3 way. There's a decent chance the ohter guy has you beat, most live players in his spot would be too passive to bet a king there.

MitchL 08-31-2007 01:20 PM

Everything is fine.