Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Question for atheists (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489545)

Jcrew 08-30-2007 12:22 AM

Question for atheists

If some form of the miracles similar to the ones listed in the Bible started frequently today, and you had to set a betting line, what odds would you make that the source of the miracles were Trickster Aliens vs Universe Creator?

TimM 08-30-2007 12:31 AM

Re: Question for atheists

[ QUOTE ]
If some form of the miracles similar to the ones listed in the Bible started frequently today, and you had to set a betting line, what odds would you make that the source of the miracles were Trickster Aliens vs Universe Creator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we studying to be some kind of cosmic bookie?

vhawk01 08-30-2007 12:42 AM

The answer is obvious: 50/50. I'll let others elaborate.

luckyme 08-30-2007 01:03 AM

Since we'd not be witnessing a Universe being created it would be a wild conclusion to reach just because pillars of salt start appearing near Frisco.

luckyme

van_exel_fan 08-30-2007 01:52 AM

[censored] I hope this does happen!!!! I'm sick of all this angst :[

;}

yukoncpa 08-30-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I always thought that if there were a universal creator that he may very well be a trickster alien. Indeed, I put the two as close to synonymous. So perhaps it's a matter of definition, but if there is a universal creator, i'd say there is greater than a 50 percent chance that he is a trickster alien.

ChrisV 08-30-2007 03:34 AM

It would depend too heavily on the specific miracle.

yukoncpa 08-30-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would depend too heavily on the specific miracle.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, Hi ChrisV, I concur. I'm interested in hearing about what miracles we are talking about.

MidGe 08-30-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that be important? A trickster alien or a non-benevolent universe creator seem the same thing to me.

oe39 08-30-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are the odds if they don't?