Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Flush draw in bb turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489365)

NinaWilliams 08-29-2007 07:38 PM

Flush draw in bb turn

Villain is mostly unknown. All I know so far is that he plays a lot of hands and knows where his raise button is.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
Hero

Tryptamean 08-29-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Flush draw in bb turn

I wonder what the best flop play is here as well as the turn play. There is merit to a flop c/r imo, since UTG1 will likely bet any 2 cards, and maybe even fold. Betting out is ok too...

given that you did bet, I definitely fire the turn and hope A hi or a better king goes away

BigBadBabar 08-29-2007 11:16 PM

i def bet the turn pls

Oink 08-30-2007 03:52 AM

I also wonder about flop play. But i want to add c/c to the mix. The pot is miniscule. Should we really try and pick it up on the flop? Doesnt it have more value to keep the players in the pot an increase our implied odds?

Disclaimer: I dunno. Just asking. I think I have seen some Stox vids where he c/c's BTW.

Jenno99 08-30-2007 04:12 AM

I would bet the turn, having bet the flop.

Leader 08-30-2007 04:26 AM

I like the flop and would bet again on the turn

imitation 08-30-2007 07:00 AM

c/c is certainly an option on the flop. c/r is stupid incase anyone's thinking it.

mute 08-30-2007 07:34 AM

Definitely bet both flop and turn here.

Wolfram 08-30-2007 09:13 AM

I like betting the flop. I'm not sure why we should be check/calling. We have lots of equity and are quite happy when we pick it up on the flop. Can somebody explain.

Check/raising is awful because we'll actually get less fold equity with that line than by leading, and we'll be in a bad spot on the turn if we get called and miss.

Bet turn again to fold out 6-outers and maybe Ax. Unless they're holding a Q or a J your equity improved 'cause you picked up 3 additional outs against small pockets and 3x.

Guy McSucker 08-30-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless they're holding a Q or a J your equity improved

[/ QUOTE ]

No it didn't, since we now only have one chance to catch our heart or other winner.