Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL Fantasy football trades thread *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489107)

RiverFenix 08-29-2007 02:04 PM

***OFFICIAL Fantasy football trades thread ***

Post potential trades in your league here for discussion and feedback. Include any rules that are pertinent to the trade.

2 RB / 2 WR / 1 WR/RB
Giving: Javon Walker, Travis Henry
Getting: Torry Holt, Adrian Peterson
-League is point per reception.

Not sure if I'm seeing the value in this trade wrong. Basically all I get is a lot of potential upside if AP runs well and if old man Holt gets healthy enough to kick ass every game like usual.

If AP is a flop I have willie parker / deshaun foster as primary backs. If Holt cant perform I have R. Williams, B. Edwards, Drew Bennett.

RiverFenix 08-29-2007 08:39 PM

Re: ***OFFICIAL Fantasy football trades thread ***

No one? This will really reduce the clutter in the other fantasy football thread.

PokerFink 08-29-2007 08:42 PM

Um... which Adrian Peterson? I'm assuming the Vikings one. Take the trade.

Spellmen 08-29-2007 08:45 PM

I don't think I take this right now. Holt is coming off an injury and AP as a rookie obviously has question marks. Henry also has injury concerns, but Walker is healthy and not that much of a downgrade at this point. I think the risk is pretty high, and if AP doesn't pan out you are really crippled at RB. I'd stand pat

As it stands now, I would guess you are starting Parker, Henry, Foster, Walker, and Williams.

I like this alot better than the prospect of starting Parker, AP, Foster, Holt, and Williams...and possibly Parker, AP/Foster, Holt, Williams, and Edwards if Foster/AP can't produce

Spellmen 08-29-2007 08:51 PM

I get Gore + Calvin Johnson for Benson + TJ Houshmandzadeh

PokerFink 08-29-2007 09:00 PM

Spellmen,

The OP's trade is similar to yours, only opposite; the OP's trade would inrease his variance and potential, while your trade would decrease it. I would take the OP's trade because I think it adds variance but also adds potential value, and I like to gamble in fantasy. Likewise I would reject your trade laughing hysterically.

Edit: I'm assuming you are trading Gore/CJ to get CB/TJ

MCS 08-29-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gore + Calvin Johnson for Benson + TJ Houshmandzadeh

[/ QUOTE ]

Which two are you getting? It might be better in polls like this to make the poll options the two packages rather than Yes/No.

Spellmen 08-29-2007 09:10 PM

Other way around. I am trying to get Gore without giving up too much. I'm good at drafting, but always uneasy with trades. I will try to post something a little more borderline. Trading partner offered me Calvin Johnson for Housh [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] but I am trying to formulate an offer that might get accepted but still rips him off (he is 16)

Here are teams, if possible throw together a trade or two that is favorable for me.

My team
QB: Kitna
RB: Addai, Benson, Jacobs, Norwood, Fred Taylor
WR: Holt, Housh, Driver, Coles
TE: Crumpler

His team:
QB: Palmer, Leinart, Delhomme
RB: Gore, Portis, Ahman Green
WR: Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Branch
TE: Shockey

duracell 08-29-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gore + Calvin Johnson for Benson + TJ Houshmandzadeh

[/ QUOTE ]

Which two are you getting? It might be better in polls like this to make the poll options the two packages rather than Yes/No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm an idiot and read that wrong. Reading comprehension ftw! I would definitely do this trade. Having Gore and Addai with even average receivers is sick... and you'd still have better than average receivers.

Oh, and MCS. I definitely like that method of polling better.

Spellmen 08-29-2007 09:39 PM

Would you be willing to go Holt + Benson to get Gore?