Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 50 Good spot to dubble barrel? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488968)

xeanatic 08-29-2007 10:06 AM

NL 50 Good spot to dubble barrel?

Villian is unknown

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $30.30
BB: $54.60
UTG: $50.85
MP: $23.65
Hero (CO): $58.65
BTN: $94.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.50

checktheriver 08-29-2007 10:13 AM

Re: NL 50 Good spot to dubble barrel?

Without reads I probably check and fold to a large bet here. The thing is the 7 is really a blank for Villain and the only way double barrelling will be profitable here is if he floats a lot, which you don't know yet.

Peter Harris 08-29-2007 11:39 AM

you picked up a sweeeeet card on the turn to semibluff. c/f would be weaksauce and c/c gives all the momentum to villain. nh.

DopamineRelease 08-29-2007 11:51 AM

I agree with Peter, we don't want to give villian control of this hand. I like xeanatic's line here

XHitman014 08-29-2007 11:54 AM

I like it...especially if the villian is passive. Should be a clear b/f. If he flat calls, I'm also planning on betting any non-diamond/non-queen river regardless of whether I hit my OESD.

11t 08-29-2007 12:16 PM

Yeah I like the double barrel here

I might bet like 5-6 though instead of 7 but I don't think it is that huge of a deal

wslee00 08-29-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I like the double barrel here

I might bet like 5-6 though instead of 7 but I don't think it is that huge of a deal

[/ QUOTE ]
no way - you gotta bet strong here if you're going to continue this line

spatne 08-29-2007 01:10 PM

Why does a Q or non-Q affect your decision to bet the river? If he calls bets on two streets holding a Q, he's calling a third whether he makes trips or not.

The way I see it, if you think that draws make up the bulk of the range with which he'll call both of these flop and turn bets, then any non-diamond Q is, in effect, just another blank that doesn't complete a draw. If anything, him holding a Q is even less probable than before. If he does make trips with a rivered Q, then he raises and you fold, losing the same amount you would had a flat called a non-Q river with one pair.

Trying to learn, here. What am I missing?

XHitman014 08-29-2007 03:41 PM

I put his range's two most likely holdings as a TPGK type hand or a FD. It will be difficult for him to call another big bet with a weak queen (or even TPTK), a FD that misses the river probably still beats our hand so the only way to win is by betting.

I think the larger part of the range consists of FDs, the smaller part of his range consists of QJ-type hands. Will he call a large (~$25-30 push)with just a queen?

Honestly, if the answer is yes, then you shouldn't double barrel the guy..ever. I probably wouldn't do this against a complete unknown but once I make that second bet and get called, I want to have a plan for the river.

bluffbetter 08-29-2007 04:00 PM

I think double-barreling here is good, especially if villain would reraise preflop with QQ+ and AK/AQ. Villain could also have called flop with underpairs that haven't made a set and all these should fold to the 2nd barrel.

I think you could make the flop bet bigger, because otherwise out of position, it is more likely villain will call the smaller bet and then you get into a more risky situation if you try to bluff the turn.