Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lance Briggs crash. Will Goodell discipline him? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488501)

TheNoodleMan 08-28-2007 06:29 PM

Lance Briggs crash. Will Goodell discipline him?

First it was just his car found wrecked and abandoned, then came word that he admitted driving, now it comes out that he initially reported the car stolen before recanting.

It seems very likely (yet entirely unprovable) that he was intoxicated and took off to avoid getting a DUI. How does Goodell deal with this, if at all?

jacksquat 08-28-2007 06:40 PM

Re: Lance Briggs crash. Will Goodell discipline him?

i was always under the impression that filing a false police report was pretty serious. having said that, and according to reports, he has only been charged with a couple of misdemeanors. i don't see how the league could anything more than issue some sort of warning or probation.

why is he out at 3 am when he has a job to go to at 8 am?

JackWhite 08-28-2007 06:42 PM

and how do you leave your $350K car?

TheNoodleMan 08-28-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he got suspended, one missed game check would cost him more.

Bremen 08-28-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
By using $50 sneakers.

DesertCat 08-28-2007 08:34 PM

I think Goodell should just assume it was a DUI and give him the same punishment (4 games for first offense IIRC). Allowing players to dodge their punishment this way is opening a can of worms that can lead to worse consequences if the player tries to run in their car and accidently kills someone. Tell the players if they want to avoid being punished for a DUI, stay at the scene and take the breathalyser to prove you weren't drunk.

mmbt0ne 08-28-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite part of this story was seeing his license plate. New car plate with date: 09 21

He had the car for a week before wrapping it around a pole. $50k a day. Well done jackass.

NT! 08-28-2007 08:48 PM

probation and a warning at most IMO

RickAstleyFan 08-28-2007 09:52 PM

I like the fact that he called his car in as "stolen" and then 10 minutes later, fessed that he himself wrecked it and it wasn't stolen.

He said something like, "I only lied for 10 minutes."

So I can rob a bank and then turn the money back in 10 minutes later and confess and expect to not be punished?

Minimum 1 game suspension, I hope!

pepper123 08-28-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite part of this story was seeing his license plate. New car plate with date: 09 21

He had the car for a week before wrapping it around a pole. $50k a day. Well done jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

if only you could pay a small amount over a long period of time in case something happens to your car so that you'd kind of have some money saved and wouldn't just be paying $350k out of your pocket