Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   .5/1 nlcash river value minraise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488472)

The Yugoslavian 08-28-2007 05:44 PM

.5/1 nlcash river value minraise

Ok everything in this hand was "standard" for me except on the river it seemed like a really ideal spot to minraise for value. This is not based on reads but on action/board.

Obviously he will still fold any bluff. But it seems to me his betting range on the river is full of tens that were planning to call me down. Obviously T9 and AT are issues, but KT/QT/JT/T8s/T7s hands can very easily be in his range. Also, could this be a bet with a 9? I could see him having to call my minraise with a 9 as well.

Of course, most aces beat me and if he raises I have to fold. So, do we think his calling range here is < 50% T I beat or 9 I beat?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

BB: $57.40
Hero (SB): $86.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Turn: ($14) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($14) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, BB calls $5.00

Pot Size: $34.00 ($0.50 Rake)

I'm more concerned with my thinking rather than whether this specific spot is correct.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

shat4brains 08-28-2007 05:48 PM

Re: .5/1 nlcash river value minraise

i like it u obv have to fold to 4bet sexy

whaahhahahah 08-28-2007 05:56 PM

are you getting looked up with worse more than 50% -- yup.

imo it's still not the best play. if you raise to 25, he's looking you up with more than 25% of the range that would call your minraise.

IronFly 08-28-2007 08:55 PM

ya first thing I thought was "raise more"

jakeduke 08-28-2007 09:22 PM

I think you could go 15-18 and still be good here. Much more than that and I think you start to get called more by hands you lose to than hands you beat. His most likely hands are Ts and 9s I'd say, with some chance of him having an ace or 2pair. I wouldn't really worry about a 3-bet here - even most 2 pair hands won't 3-bet you.

The Yugoslavian 08-28-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya first thing I thought was "raise more"

[/ QUOTE ]

OOooo, yeah you may be very right. My minraise probably wasn't the sweet spot. I don't expect my opponent to fold queens there if I bluff, so why would I expect it when I'm not bluffing?

Yugoslav

kolotoure 08-28-2007 09:25 PM

I think I prefer making it 15 to min-raisng

The Yugoslavian 08-29-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I prefer making it 15 to min-raisng

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, yeah I think if I've decided raising is profitable in this type of situation, generally more than a minraise will be even more profitable!

Btw, I read your thread in BBV. Very refreshing, tbh I just assumed that kind of thread must have been done before...guess 2p2 is like professional sports in that way, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Respect.

Yugoslav