Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AK preflop vs pair, general question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487171)

Eddi 08-27-2007 02:33 AM

AK preflop vs pair, general question

Suppose you raise 4x with AK and someone reraises you to 15x and you know for a fact they have QQ-. Would you push AI preflop? Does your answer change with position and/or opponent type?

Also what about the opposite question. Would you push with a pair PF if you knew for a fact your opponent has unpaired overcards?

JROK777 08-27-2007 03:09 AM

Re: AK preflop vs pair, general question

Nope. You are not a favorite. I am assuming you are playing w 100bb stacks. If you short stack pushing looks better. The dead $ in the pot needs to make up for your negative pf expectation. Also, the read you are talking about is impossible to make.

Eddi 08-27-2007 04:24 AM

I know the read is impossible to make, which is why this is a general question and not a specific hand one.

What about fold equity? Seems like you're assuming we have none.

So if you magically DO know your opponent has a pair and he 3-bets, do you fold, reraise(AI?) or call with AK?

It seems to me calling is the worst choice since you'll hit your pair only in 1/3 of the cases on flop and will have to fold to the CB + if you DO hit your pair, it's unlikely you'll get much more than the CB out of your opponent. So I'd rephrase the question - do you fold or do you 4-bet/4bAI? Do your actions change with AKo vs AKs and also OOP vs IP?

RoccoGe 08-27-2007 04:59 AM

usually at low limits-says from 10nl to 25nl- every re-raise pre flop is a huge hand.

At 50 nl pre flop reraises range are wider,i guess any regular can re-raise AJ or any pair in position.

Said so,i guess that the general line is that in a re-raised pot with AK - TPTK ---> nuts.
I mean,lot of time they don't have ACES/KINGS and call you with any other thing that you beat and stack them,and half the time some donk called you with a worse hand and draw you out.
Like:
If you you re-raise someone with AK and he calls down with a pair and hit the set,he's done that with wrong odds and so did a EV- play,while you did a EV+ play.

On a flop of

K59

wich u re-raised pre flop and got called,u have no shame if going broke.no way u have to fear a set of 5s/9s or aces or kings.

That's my tought.

Rocco

corsakh 08-27-2007 05:00 AM

Introduce yourself to pokerstove.

Panic__NL 08-27-2007 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Introduce yourself to pokerstove.

[/ QUOTE ]

true!

If you are sure he has QQ- shoving seeems best to me. You are a underdog against all pp, but he will fold most of them, only TT+ he will call you with probably.

A. So 22-99 are 8 pairs out of 11.
B. TT-QQ are 3 pairs out of 11, and you are a 44% dog.

A. gives you 18 * 8/11 = 13 1/11 bb

B. gives you 3/11 * 200* 44% - 200 * 56%= -6 6/11 bb

A+B= 6 6/11 BB