Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I onjly played today because it was saturday. A light 4-bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485812)

Michaelson 08-25-2007 12:06 AM

I onjly played today because it was saturday. A light 4-bet

Didn't get much sleep and am pissed off about general stuff, it was a bad idea to sit down today. Played a pretty spewy session.

Curious about thoughts on this hand. Villain is a relative unknown, about 100 hands, with stats that suggest he knows what he's doing. 20/15ish. He has raised a couple of c-bets and things like that, looks solid. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a reg who's recently changed his name, but there's no way to know that obv.

The player between us is loose and fishy, 35/15 or thereabouts. I'm not really worried about him having a hand, maybe he'll call with AQ or TT or something like that, but I think he would've let us know about a monster earlier and won't get involved with the two of us with marginal hands often. This is a stat based read more than anything, but it's also just the vibe I got from this guy.

Anyway, villain and I are on 3 of the same tables and he's 3-bet me 3 times, once on each table, within the space of 5 minutes. I've been playing pretty snug, but if he's played me before under a different name or has stats on me he'd know I'm pretty laggy.

The hand:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $415.20
BB: $200.00
UTG: $252.10
Hero (MP): $199.00
CO: $710.26
BTN: $501.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $33.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $100.00</font>

Obviously I'm calling a shove. I don't like shoving pre in these spots because I don't generally do that with AA.

jk3a 08-25-2007 12:17 AM

Re: I onjly played today because it was saturday. A light 4-bet

obv. he's going to 3bet you light sometimes, but given you opened in MP, i just let this go despite history. if you opened CO or BTN, i think this is better. The play is certainly fine, I just wouldn't do it very often.

thac 08-25-2007 12:37 AM

If he knows what he's doing, then he could be squeezing light, but I'd rather do this with something that's not dominated in case he decides to get frisky with AQ

Bulletproof Monk 08-25-2007 12:39 AM

yeah this is good. its an any-2 play tho i think

thac 08-25-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah this is good. its an any-2 play tho i think

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

Isura 08-25-2007 12:41 AM

Meh. I'd prefer calling and jamming over a flop bet on low boards, play poker on high card boards.