Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   10NL Flopped Straight w/ FD Faces Turn Raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=484936)

Student Caine 08-23-2007 07:58 PM

10NL Flopped Straight w/ FD Faces Turn Raise

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.48
Hero (BB): $10.00
BTN: $11.94

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is a 56/21/3.0</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, SB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, SB calls $1.00

Turn: ($3) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $5.50, SB calls $2.50

Ok, so I know there is no way that we fold here...the question I have is do we see the reraise as spewing?...discuss plz imo

Micro Donk 08-23-2007 08:01 PM

Re: 10NL Flopped Straight w/ FD Faces Turn Raise

yea the raise pre is huge spew against a 56/21. see a free flop. otherwise its played fine. even if he has a higher straight, you still have redraw to the flush

Aceium 08-23-2007 08:29 PM

I think that you are WAY ahead of villan's possible range here. I think the strongest hand he will usually have here is a higher flush draw - in which case you have 2 of his outs in your hand, and 2 more of his outs dead (giving you the straight flush).

poker12 08-23-2007 08:46 PM

what is this post

Student Caine 08-23-2007 08:53 PM

A question - actually two questions now...

Prelop raise good or bad?

Turn re-raise AI good or bad?

I have my own opinion on both, but I want to make sure that I do not have some huge leak(s).

Student Caine 08-23-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A question - actually two questions now...

Prelop raise good or bad?

Turn re-raise AI good or bad?

I have my own opinion on both, but I want to make sure that I do not have some huge leak(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me clarify this a little more - the Turn re-raise...my thinking here is that I have a hand that I am not letting go...I have a minraise to call. Given the fact that I have only $2.50 left and I am calling any river bet, am I better off shoving here and getting the $2.50 in now or waiting to see what the river brings?

Micro Donk 08-23-2007 09:03 PM

preflop is really bad, as said before

[ QUOTE ]
Let me clarify this a little more - the Turn re-raise...my thinking here is that I have a hand that I am not letting go...I have a minraise to call. Given the fact that I have only $2.50 left and I am calling any river bet, am I better off shoving here and getting the $2.50 in now or waiting to see what the river brings?

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the point of waiting?