Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   My finger! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=484674)

Falc 08-23-2007 02:14 PM

My finger!

Hi BBV!

The day before yesterday I was shopping groceries and when I got home I had four bags and was carrying one of them with with my ring finger and pinky. It wasn't very comfortable but I passed a girl in the stairs so I couldn't be uncool and take a new grip obv.

Anyways, when I got to my apartment and put down the bags my ring finger had gone a bit numb. I had apparently squeezed a nerve when I carried the bags. Oh well, it'll go over soon I thought.

Today it's two days later and my finger is still a bit numb on the top [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

What it do bbv?! Will my finger fall off? Should I see a doctor? Should I put needles in it? Help!

fluffpop62 08-23-2007 02:16 PM

Re: My finger!

i don't have any feeling in my pointer finger either!! maybe because it looks like this . . .
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/myfinger.jpg

T-God 08-23-2007 02:19 PM

How did that happen?

whoisthedrizzle 08-23-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't have any feeling in my pointer finger either!! maybe because it looks like this . . .
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/myfinger.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably for the best then. If you did have any feeling it would be excruciating pain with flashes of extreme agony. Plus the pointer finger is one of if not the most overrated fingers there is, IMO.

fluffpop62 08-23-2007 03:02 PM

i was walking in the caf, and i was getting a diet coke, and i reached for a glass, but there was water on the floor in front of the soda dispenser. when i stepped forward holding the glass, my foot slipped and i fell and my hand holding the glass hit the counter, shattering the glass. it was so embarassing because it was one of those huge noisy falls where people seriously started clapping, and i was laughing and embarassed and then i looked down and there was alllll this blood (because it was mixing with the water). the worst part was that the cafeteria called an ambulance (for my FINGER for goodness' sake), but i also got free dinner! woo!

all in all you could see the bone and i ended up getting 14 stitches, and i can't really feel anything underneath that triangle where the stitches were, and i can accidentally cut my nail too short without feeling it too. i went from having no stitches to getting to college and busting myself open repeatedly, all while sober. c'est la vie

vhawk01 08-23-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi BBV!

The day before yesterday I was shopping groceries and when I got home I had four bags and was carrying one of them with with my ring finger and pinky. It wasn't very comfortable but I passed a girl in the stairs so I couldn't be uncool and take a new grip obv.

Anyways, when I got to my apartment and put down the bags my ring finger had gone a bit numb. I had apparently squeezed a nerve when I carried the bags. Oh well, it'll go over soon I thought.

Today it's two days later and my finger is still a bit numb on the top [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

What it do bbv?! Will my finger fall off? Should I see a doctor? Should I put needles in it? Help!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the feeling will most likely come back. Its possible you irreperably damaged the nerve, but its pretty unlikely. Don't know what going to the doctor will do for you, they don't have any magical nerve regrowing formula.

FWIW, when this happened to me, it took ~ a month for it to be entirely back to normal. It comes back gradually though, so its hard to say exactly. One day you will just notice that its totally normal again.

bmwguy525 08-23-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was walking in the caf, and i was getting a diet coke, and i reached for a glass, but there was water on the floor in front of the soda dispenser. when i stepped forward holding the glass, my foot slipped and i fell and my hand holding the glass hit the counter, shattering the glass. it was so embarassing because it was one of those huge noisy falls where people seriously started clapping, and i was laughing and embarassed and then i looked down and there was alllll this blood (because it was mixing with the water). the worst part was that the cafeteria called an ambulance (for my FINGER for goodness' sake), but i also got free dinner! woo!

all in all you could see the bone and i ended up getting 14 stitches, and i can't really feel anything underneath that triangle where the stitches were, and i can accidentally cut my nail too short without feeling it too. i went from having no stitches to getting to college and busting myself open repeatedly, all while sober. c'est la vie

[/ QUOTE ]
Your command of the French language intrigues me, please to be having drinks in Santa Barbara when you get back to SD?

Falc 08-23-2007 04:40 PM

vhawk01,

I thought doctors could heal anything [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Still didn't think it would be like a month until it gets ok. Oh well, I'll wait and see then.

fluffpop,

Thats nasty!