Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What is this guy misplaying? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=484510)

PokerBob 08-23-2007 09:57 AM

What is this guy misplaying?

100/200

Villain has not done anything exceptional that I have seen in the few hours that I have played with him. He is running good and wearing sunglasses. He does not play too many hands preflop, and has no other glaring weaknesses that I have been able to diagnose at this point. I am blowing at this point, and likely stuck 8K in the game. I have no idea if he is aware of this.

1 guy limps, I limp J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP, villain limps the button, blinds come along. I think it was 5 ways to the flop. Maybe 6. Whatever.

flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checks to me and I bet, button calls and maybe a limper calls.

As the turn is being dealt, villain says "ace". I have no idea what this means.

turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, villain now raises (if anyone was in the pot behind me, they are gone now), I do what and why and what on earth does this guy have that makes any sense at all?

Lestat 08-23-2007 12:08 PM

Re: What is this guy misplaying?

Maybe he over limped with AQo. Calling for the ace particularily makes me think so. He didn't *really* need it, but it wouldn't hurt him either. Get it?

Munchkin Mayor 08-23-2007 12:46 PM

Does he really have AQ? Maybe KQ, thinks he is ahead and wants to take control.

Probably just call and c/c the river. Given preflop action seems like we are about 50/50. If we weren't running bad, we might even bet out on the river if no scare card came.

andyfox 08-23-2007 12:56 PM

I think the call for an ace means he has Q-9.

Munchkin Mayor 08-23-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks. Now we are drawing to our f--k'n four outer. Are we folding to the turn raise?

surfdoc 08-23-2007 02:34 PM

All I know is that people very rarely call for a card they need.

bicyclekick 08-23-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is EXACTLY what I thought when he wrote it too. Bitch has q9.

/edit - woops thought the turn was an ace...and had suggested folding.

casellaKid 08-23-2007 03:43 PM

PokerBob,
After I asked you later if you were indeed THE PokerBob, I had a feeling you would post this hand.

By the way, I believe the flop was Kd, Jc, Ts and the turn 7c.

I knew you were stuck a lot, but fail to see how that would affect a good player, and therefore it did not affect my play vs you, (unlike Schneids who seems to think that this is super important).

However, a previous play you made at the other table did affect my play on this hand.

PokerBob 08-23-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he over limped with AQo. Calling for the ace particularily makes me think so. He didn't *really* need it, but it wouldn't hurt him either. Get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Overlimping AQo is a possibility, but I don't think it is likely from what I have seen of villain. Besides, given the board, I'd be surprised if he didn't raise the flop here, as there are a lot of action-killing cards that can come on the turn. How on earth does an ace not hurt him?!?!? It may cost him 1/2 the pot.

PokerBob 08-23-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is EXACTLY what I thought when he wrote it too. Bitch has q9.

It's a fold, now.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would a guy who seemingly plays well really have that hand in this spot??? I just don't think so, which is why I am so befuddled.