Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100: light 3betting street by street (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483644)

BetYourLife 08-22-2007 09:34 AM

NL100: light 3betting street by street

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $110.00
BB: $67.96
UTG: $186.68
CO: $176.66
Hero (BTN): $113.69

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.00

Flop: ($25.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero ???
UTG: 15 - 11.7 - 4.5 - 15 (180 hands)

not the best flop. What do you think is his 3bet calling range? TT+, AQ, AK? Do we cb here or bet and fold to a c/r which will come if he has TT+? Discuss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bramsterdam 08-22-2007 09:38 AM

Re: NL100: light 3betting street by street

$18 for protection against OC's. If he c/r he definately has us beat and we're drawing to 2 outs. So just bet/fold and be happy to take it down.
I prefer this line above inducing bluffs, since villain is kinda nitty and a lot of scare cards can fall on the turn.

3bet calling range for UTG: TT+, AK.

sixhigh 08-22-2007 09:38 AM

We shouldn't be 3betting light at all if a nit raises UTG. Now go ahead and bet like $18. Checking is possible, too - but against this straightforward player straightforward play will be better.

napkins 08-22-2007 09:40 AM

just fold pf

as played cbet it

AMT 08-22-2007 09:41 AM

agree with straightforward play, im often not raising a nit UTG but when i will 3 bet lead/shutting down at this flop is ok.

restless 08-22-2007 09:47 AM

if i understand those stats correctly he's a 15/11 nit who raises from utg. you light 3bet him?

maybe i don't understand the full potential of the light 3bet but it seems like a bad spot to turn your hand to a bluff preflop.

well, on the flop i think i'm betting actually. you might have the best hand here and would like to take it down. obv fold to a c/r. i don't think your draw is strong enough to cry about getting reraised here.

ValarMorghulis 08-22-2007 10:13 AM

I don't like the 3bet at all.

As played, I hate cbetting.

BetYourLife 08-22-2007 10:17 AM

Ok I think 3betting this nit, raising UTG was not the best. I should look for better spots.
I checked the flop, AK was the only hand I could get out if his range qwas TT+, AK

Turn: ($25.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero ???

What is our plan now? Do we just check or do we try to take it down on the turn? I think he can put us on AK, AQ. Is this nit willing to laydown TT-KK here?

ArtieFish 08-22-2007 10:29 AM

As played to turn, I take a stab now, the A makes the board a lot scarier now and i think if he's that nitty he can easily put you on AK checking the flop and betting the hit A. It would look so textbook to him.

restless 08-23-2007 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I think 3betting this nit, raising UTG was not the best. I should look for better spots.
I checked the flop, AK was the only hand I could get out if his range qwas TT+, AK

Turn: ($25.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero ???

What is our plan now? Do we just check or do we try to take it down on the turn? I think he can put us on AK, AQ. Is this nit willing to laydown TT-KK here?

[/ QUOTE ]

out of the ashes into the fire eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

given that you didn't bet the flop, id stab it right now (basically i don't think nitty has very many AQ in his range unless you've been goofing it up pre?)
his 15% wtsd (is that correct?) also indicates that he's unlikely to make herocalls right?

EDIT: as for betsize, i think 16-17 is enough with that ace on the flop

somewhere in the vaults of 2+2 i remember a post from some acknowledged poster who wrote exactly bout this phenomenon: you make one questionable decision early in a hand, and it will come back to haunt you later on. this hand fits in quite nicely.