Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   nl100 set and a scary board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483515)

robert jordan 08-22-2007 02:24 AM

nl100 set and a scary board

have only played a couple hands with villan. 16/10/5 (very small sample)

the only notable hand: I had raised QQ in the SB and he had smooth called me OOP in the BB.

flop was 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and i bet a normal c-bet. he potted it. i called.

turn was a 7, i checked and he overbet pushed. i obv folded.

then an orbit later this hand happens:
(for some reason the hand didnt' import so its not in a standard format, please bare with me)

Villan UTG(100bb's) raises $3.5
Hero BB(100bb's) calls w/ 99

flop: K9x r

hero checks, villan bets $5.5, hero calls

( <font color="blue"> very often i raise, and infact here it might have enticed a lot of action from AK, but i figured i'd mix it up a little since he seemed willing to do some betting</font>)

turn: J

hero bets $14, villan tanks and calls.

river: Q

hero checks, villan bets $30

now i'm not completely positive of his range, but it seemed like he could be vbetting a variaty of two pair hands.

as played, make the call?

Idiotex 08-22-2007 02:48 AM

Re: nl100 set and a scary board

As played you are a donkey. Do not donk the turn. Raising the flop would be better, but calling isn't horrible. But then you donk the turn. Seriously. Let the villain lead out again, and then check raise him. When a Q, J or T hits the turn you are repping two pair, and villain may even fold AK. You would be much better off check raising flops with sets and draws.

The call is irrelevant since you need to work on fundamentals, not decisions that are close to neutral EV.

robert jordan 08-22-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played you are a donkey. Do not donk the turn. Raising the flop would be better, but calling isn't horrible. But then you donk the turn. Seriously. Let the villain lead out again, and then check raise him. When a Q, J or T hits the turn you are repping two pair, and villain may even fold AK. You would be much better off check raising flops with sets and draws.

The call is irrelevant since you need to work on fundamentals, not decisions that are close to neutral EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

the call on the river is not irrelevent because it was played this way and i cannot see a 10 sneaking in that often.

the way the table was playing at the time and the way i felt he was playing, i thought a lead on the turn would induce a turn push/raise.

your post was not only not helpful, it was insulting.

Logun 08-22-2007 10:56 AM

you need to get a thicker skin as he did have a couple good points about donking the turn and the implications that might have on the hand.

As played call the river... he doesn't have a T here very often at all, unless he's a donk.

5thStreetHog 08-22-2007 10:59 AM

I hate the turn donk bet.If i were to take this line and not c/r flop,id look to c/r turn.As played i call river.

ArtieFish 08-22-2007 11:08 AM

Idiot could have been a little less harsh, but he's right.

Turn i c/r. River I call.

5thStreetHog 08-22-2007 11:10 AM

Classic,i thought you were just calling him an idiot till i looked at his name again lol

ArtieFish 08-22-2007 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic,i thought you were just calling him an idiot till i looked at his name again lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ValarMorghulis 08-22-2007 11:39 AM

Don't know what the hate is. c/call F, donk turn is a valid line with a set and other hands.

As played, it's marginal between c/call and c/fold. I'd probably be more likely to bet/fold.

robert jordan 08-22-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what the hate is. c/call F, donk turn is a valid line with a set and other hands.

As played, it's marginal between c/call and c/fold. I'd probably be more likely to bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty