Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   X Finally Gets a Degree (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483210)

Exsubmariner 08-21-2007 06:22 PM

X Finally Gets a Degree

I'm in the mood to brag and be smug. After 254 college credit hours, I finally have a degree. I was the most educated person I knew before I got the degree, but it counted for nothing without the piece of paper.

I'm taking a month off.

I would like some general input from the lounge about what life with a college education is like. I know it's easier to get past those retards in the Human Resources Department. It is an interesting time in my life. I'm relatively young, well off, educated and free. What would you do if you were me? Where would you go? What kind of job would you look for? You get to pick. What do you choose?

pryor15 08-21-2007 06:23 PM

Re: X Finally Gets a Degree

sweet. congrats X

Exsubmariner 08-21-2007 06:27 PM

Thanks, pryor.

nick604 08-21-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was the most educated person I knew before I got the degree, but it counted for nothing without the piece of paper

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad but true, I guess. Many congratulations on getting the piece of paper to prove it!

CharlieDontSurf 08-21-2007 06:38 PM

I remember when I got mine after getting kicked out of two colleges...and having to change majors when I was 2 credits away from graduating. The piece of paper is sweet..even if it comes with a 2.01 GPA

Blarg 08-21-2007 06:50 PM

Grats, X.

I guess a lot of what you might do would have to do with your degree? Or maybe since you are asking, you don't like the field your degree is in, or figure it's too general to have an impact on the job market?

Kinda hard to think about what might be best for you without knowing what you've got and what you want to do with it.

John Cole 08-21-2007 07:30 PM

Welcome to the club. And even better: no one can ever take it away from you!

Exsubmariner 08-21-2007 07:58 PM

Well, Blarg the specific degree is in Management (BS).

Most of my other education is from the 1/2 million that the US Navy spent on me to get me to the point I could do that submarine thing. Heavy in Engineering.

The conundrum I'm in is that the degree does have a very broad application in the business world. I'm leaning heavily in favor of a technology business, because managers with heavy technical backgrounds are hard to come by. Most managers in the technology business don't have a clue about the technology.

Dominic 08-21-2007 08:53 PM

congrats! now it's time to get that PhD! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Dominic 08-21-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Blarg the specific degree is in Management (BS).

Most of my other education is from the 1/2 million that the US Navy spent on me to get me to the point I could do that submarine thing. Heavy in Engineering.

The conundrum I'm in is that the degree does have a very broad application in the business world. I'm leaning heavily in favor of a technology business, because managers with heavy technical backgrounds are hard to come by. Most managers in the technology business don't have a clue about the technology.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wanna be my driver? I mean, I just assume you could do that because you drove subs and everything. Or are you over-qualified?