Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200NL River the flush on a paired board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483138)

Melchiades 08-21-2007 05:01 PM

200NL River the flush on a paired board.

Villain is a bog standard 20/15/3 TAG that I have never seen get out of line. I really can't put him on any other hand than a slowplayed KK or 55 after the turn action. He took forever before finally calling the turn for what it's worth.

My image is 18/14/3 nitty. When I raise the turn it should be pretty easy to put me on a big draw or set. Am I being a weak tight bitch for wanting to C/F this river?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $209.80
Hero (BB): $203.00
UTG: $44.65
MP: $192.55
CO: $133.90
BTN: $265.13

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.00</font>, SB calls $7.00, Hero calls $6.00

Flop: ($24) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($24) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $14.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50.00</font>, BTN calls $50.00, SB folds

River: ($138) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $85.00</font>, Hero?

Yoshi 08-21-2007 05:56 PM

Re: 200NL River the flush on a paired board.

CALL! I doubt he's gonna let a third heart come off for free with a set and a raise and re-raise in front of him. Its hard to put him on a hand here that would play the hand like this, other than a flush, and if thats the case then we are only worried about the A high flush. Being that he raised OTB it could be a hand like 7h8h. A 20/15 will raise a hand like that first in OTB.

I SAY CALL!

Melchiades 08-21-2007 06:18 PM

He isn't calling this turn with any other flushdraw than 87hh, 97hh or T9hh, and I'm not even sure he calls with those. This guy is not a donk. Calling the turn cold with most flushes I beat is very bad. It is very likely I have a set here and he knows it. If I don't have a set I have a hand like the one I have.

Since I could be CR'ing river with a boat, would he even valuebet a small flush if he somehow got there? Please remember that opponent in this hand is not an idiot, and he will try to put me on a hand before playing turn river. What hands would you put me on in villains shoes?

I just feel this is 55 sooooooooooo often, and KK some of the time.

PropMike 08-21-2007 06:48 PM

Ugh. I think this is a fold, and I pay people off all the time. It's button v blinds, but the overcall is massive, and given your read will be a draw so rarely. What other hands do you want him to have, K9 maybe? Also, look at the flop texture, apart from a couple of gutshots there's nothing going on, which makes it exactly the sort of flop top set might check through in position.

Hard to laydown, though. I mean, theoretically it looks like a clear laydown, but maybe the guy just got 2 outed on another table and is drawing to a baby flush here... Also, I would ask why, given the action, isn't he shoving over your raise? I guess you see people make those sort of mistakes all the time though.

I dunno, ugly ugly spot.

PropMike 08-21-2007 08:03 PM

I'm surprised this hand has so few responses, I think it's really interesting. I've changed my mind and think you have to call getting nearly 3 to 1, but expect to lose.

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 08:07 PM

wtf bet river. You have a flush.

PropMike 08-21-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does he beat?

pepper123 08-21-2007 08:12 PM

64hh

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does he beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything but the A-high flush and a boat [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

PropMike 08-21-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does he beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything but the A-high flush and a boat [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And how many of those hands get to the river, overcalling a big raise on the turn, and then bet the river on a paired and flushing board?