Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Who should be dealt cards in the next hand? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483061)

Beck 08-21-2007 03:24 PM

Who should be dealt cards in the next hand?

I was playing a tourney last night, where a somewhat tricky situation arose.

The setup:
30 player tourney, at 3 ten-seat tables. Down to 21 players, so 7 at each, and the tables will be consolidated when down to 20 players.

At my table, it was as follows:

Seat 1: Empty
2: Empty
3: SB
4: BB
5, 6 & 7: Players
8: Me
9: Button
10: Empty

The SB gets eliminated, and so does another player at another table, so down to 19 players, and one table breaks up. 3 New players arrive at my table, occupying seat 1, 2 & 10. So seat 3 is still empty.

So my question is, where is the button now, and who should be dealt in?

RR 08-21-2007 03:27 PM

Re: Who should be dealt cards in the next hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing a tourney last night, where a somewhat tricky situation arose.

The setup:
30 player tourney, at 3 ten-seat tables. Down to 21 players, so 7 at each, and the tables will be consolidated when down to 20 players.

At my table, it was as follows:

Seat 1: Empty
2: Empty
3: SB
4: BB
5, 6 & 7: Players
8: Me
9: Button
10: Empty

The SB gets eliminated, and so does another player at another table, so down to 19 players, and one table breaks up. 3 New players arrive at my table, occupying seat 1, 2 & 10. So seat 3 is still empty.

So my question is, where is the button now, and who should be dealt in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone gets dealt in. Put the button either in 2 or 3 (same difference).

Beck 08-21-2007 03:42 PM

As far as I knew, a player could never join a table in button position? Or is this a difference in cash vs tourney?

I believe that the button stays at seat 9, and the newcomers have to wait a hand, and is then moved to seat 4 next hand, at which point everybody is dealt in.

BaldEaglePkr 08-21-2007 03:44 PM

A player forced to move in a tournament may assume any position at the table including the button. I believe they may even assume the small blind (like if the BB had been busted on that hand).

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I knew, a player could never join a table in button position? Or is this a difference in cash vs tourney?

I believe that the button stays at seat 9, and the newcomers have to wait a hand, and is then moved to seat 4 next hand, at which point everybody is dealt in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Khabbi 08-21-2007 04:09 PM

I'd say put the button in seat 3.

SB is seat 4
BB is seat 5

Everyone gets cards.

fraserbrown 08-21-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say put the button in seat 3.

SB is seat 4
BB is seat 5

Everyone gets cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

psandman 08-21-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing under TDA rules the rules specify that players moving from a broken table can assume the button and the small blind. The only position they can't be dealt in at is between the button and blind. Its fairly uncommon for this to matter since usually players don't get moved immediately into just vacated seats do to the logistics of a tournament. It will usually only come up if the deal is held up immediately after the player busts.