Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   how badly did i botch this hand? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482568)

bigjoet 08-20-2007 10:37 PM

how badly did i botch this hand?

first time in 40/80 at commerce... confident and running good in about 2-3 orbits at the table... game is currently 6 handed with several walkers.. no reads on anybody yet...

preflop:
all fold to CO who raises, button 3 bets, sb folds, hero sees red AA and 4 bets, CO & button call

pot: 12.5 sb

flop: 8h 4h 2s
hero bets, CO/button call

pot: 15.5 sb

turn: Qh
hero bets, CO raises, button calls, hero insta-3, CO hates it and calls, button 4 bones, hero calls, CO thinks forever and folds...

pot: 18bb

river: random blank
hero c/c

i'm taking a shot at the 40, and i'm not used to ppl trapping dangerous boards... shoot away!

MitchL 08-20-2007 10:42 PM

Re: how badly did i botch this hand?

Yeah this is bad. Not sure you need help. Turn is bet/call and river is c/f.

DeathDonkey 08-20-2007 10:53 PM

I think you played it well though obviously you usually lose on the river.

-DeathDonkey

MitchL 08-20-2007 10:59 PM

assuming you dont 3 bet the turn, then I could see a river b/f or c/c.

Munchkin Mayor 08-20-2007 11:01 PM

u played this like a guy I know by the name of dMark. Only difference is he would have hit a heart on the river, at least 75% of the time.

Slow down on the turn, obv. Call the river. Button could have two red kings. Preflop action doesn't suggest hearts, since you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Of course you might be up against QQ.

private joker 08-20-2007 11:05 PM

It seems like your reason for 3-betting the turn and calling a 4-bet is that you had the nut flush draw -- otherwise you'd just call the turn, right? If that's the case, then why call the river when the flush doesn't come? If you think one pair is still good on the river, then you should be 3-betting the turn regardless of the flush draw. But I know you're not, so you should either just call down the turn raise or fold the river.

Of course, this is easy to say for me in theory at a keyboard, and at the table there are hundreds of brown chips spraying the felt and you're holding 8 chips in your hand that you might as well throw in there on the river to make sure you see his set.

gaming_mouse 08-21-2007 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it well though obviously you usually lose on the river.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris, how do you think the 3bet is good?

On a scale of 1 to botch I think this is a 7.

bigjoet 08-21-2007 01:37 AM

i'm not the type to pound a draw on the turn, i thougth i was value betting and i probably would've done the same w/o Ah... of course, i knew i was no good on the river, but i get 20:1 on the river...

what would u guys do assuming u just call the turn and it was check/bet/raise on the river and 2 cold back to me in a big pot?

couldn't have these guys played AQ the same way and tried to shut out potential winner or are most not capable of this?

bigjoet 08-21-2007 01:38 AM

why couldnt one have a big Q and another a big heart? then the 3 bet would be value

MitchL 08-21-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why couldnt one have a big Q and another a big heart? then the 3 bet would be value

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this also and I think you shouldve posted this hand in stages as there could be a results problem with the turn. Ultimately, I dont think you are ahead of a turn raiser and a cold caller enough of the time to make this raise. Its definitely not as bad as it was at first blush though.