Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Annoyingly simple hand v PearlJammer late in FTOPS ME (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482211)

mlagoo 08-20-2007 03:07 PM

Annoyingly simple hand v PearlJammer late in FTOPS ME

So I don't have the HH on this computer, but here's the hand.

PearlJammer has just got moved to my table, probably like an orbit or two ago. I've not played with him a great deal before so no real reads other than I guess he's good.

Blinds 2k/4k/500, I start hand with ~140k, PJ covers.

Folds to me in the CO, I make it 11k with AJo. He makes it like 33k straight from the BTN. Folds back to me. Hero does what?

WarDekar 08-20-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Annoyingly simple hand v PearlJammer late in FTOPS ME

Does he know who you are?

I believe you have the same name on FTP as Stars, right? So he might know?

08-20-2007 03:43 PM

Saw this hand go down. My 4-bet shove range against a "good" player with no additional read (given me in CO and him on Button) is probably JJ+/AQs+/AKo, and starts to include smaller pairs, more aces, and KQs the more laggy a read I have on him.

Assuming he's never 3-bet/folding AK or QQ+, I guess the question is whether he's ever 3-bet/folding JJ/AQ. He's probably 3-betting JJ way more than he is AQ with your stacks, even if you are opening from the CO. Given this, I think it's really close between shoving and folding, but I'd lean towards folding.

Wish we had a better stack for a stop-n-go, because I think the situation is kinda perfect for it, assuming he might call our 4-bet a little lighter than usual since "oh man, he opened from the CO and its online poker, he can't have much."

TheNewf 08-20-2007 03:45 PM

Pretty sure this is a fold without any history against PJ.

mikeJ 08-20-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Egg-xactly my thoughts.

ryanghall 08-20-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clayton 08-20-2007 05:55 PM

i think the AK AI versus AK is very relevant in this hand

WarDekar 08-20-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the AK AI versus AK is very relevant in this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it might be - my point was earlier this is just so hugely dependent on his 3-bet range so if he knows who it is or if you're a good player (or if he doesn't know you but you have a relevant hand or two in this event that could influence his opinion) it can effect whether you shove or fold.

the alex 08-20-2007 06:49 PM

Fold. He likes to take flops in position. If he's 3-betting here, it's for value.

mlagoo 08-21-2007 05:18 AM

yeah i was talking about thayer with this hand and i think my even posting this hand is just a result of having not played for like a month and a half. im rusty and feeling confused in pretty standard/common situations.

i think his 3bet range here is always going to be polarized between air and monsters, and is going to be heavily weighted towards monsters. he's not going to 3bet here with AT or KQ, etc. and if he 3bets with a pair, it isn't with intentions of folding to a shove. so yeah, folding looks good.

sorry about the dumb thread.