Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   B&M 3/6, JJ with an A on the flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481809)

mikeca 08-20-2007 02:20 AM

B&M 3/6, JJ with an A on the flop

Typical Friday night 3/6 B&M game. Mostly very loose players, a few more observant, but loose players. The women to my right had just joined the table a few hands back. From the few hands she has played she seems loose and called way too much.

I have J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in middle position

One limper, woman to my right limps, I raise, folded to the button who calls, SB folds, everyone else calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 players, 10 SB

Checked to the women to my right who bets, I called (???), button and small blind called, early limper folded.

Turn: [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4 players, 7BB

Checked to the women to my right who bets. I folded.

Should I have folded the flop? Should I have raised the flop? If I raised the flop, what should I do on the turn if I got a couple of callers?

My feeling in this game is most players will play Ax even for a raise. So chances are at least one player had Ax.

johnnylovescandy 08-20-2007 02:30 AM

Re: B&M 3/6, JJ with an A on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have folded the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. even if you turn a set, there's a potential flush on board with J spades.

johnb 08-20-2007 09:47 PM

Yes. Many low limit players will call with any ace. With that many players the likelihood that someone has an ace is strong. You also have a flush draw on the board with none of that suit in your hand. JB

mikeca 08-21-2007 01:22 AM

I guess everyone agrees I should have folded the flop.

After I folded the turn I was asking myself why did I call the flop? I guess the reason is that I think it looks weak to raise pre-flop, and then fold the flop for one bet. Does this encourage more people to call my pre-flop raises? Does this encourage players to take shots at you?

After I folded the turn, the button called and the other player folded. The river was some small blank. The women to my right bet again and the button called. She showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]! The button showed A3o and won the pot. Needless to say, this woman blew through her small buyin quickly and was gone before I could benefit from her play.

Yads 08-21-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the reason is that I think it looks weak to raise pre-flop, and then fold the flop for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be trying to impress anyone. Just play poker.