Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   do you do the opposite on every street? KTo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481636)

tyler_cracker 08-19-2007 09:38 PM

do you do the opposite on every street? KTo

live game is pretty loose. about half aggressive, half passive.

folded to hero in mp with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. HERO RAISES.

co coldcalls. he seems taggish but bad; i've seen him limp A3 and then donk his gutshot into a pfr.

button coldcalls. he's been pretty tight and has raised postflop only with good hands.

blinds fold.

* FLOP * A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players, 7 sb)

HERO BETS, co folds, BUTTON RAISES, hero calls.

* TURN * Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players, 5 bb)

hero checks, button checks.

* RIVER * 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players, 5 bb)

HERO BETS

how many streets do you hate?

BigBadBabar 08-19-2007 09:51 PM

Re: do you do the opposite on every street? KTo

they all look fine to me, tylar

Jaran 08-19-2007 09:55 PM

I might not raise it pf, but postflop I would play it the same if I had. It's a shame he didn't bet the turn. So basically, I don't hate any of it (but then I suck, so you might not want to play it this way [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

-J

Bona 08-19-2007 10:00 PM

Nothing here to hate sir. With your read I think we had a better chance of getting 2 on the turn by c/r than we would have by betting. Too bad he checked it through. NH

MattDog 08-19-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the flop bet goot?

At a loose table, someone has got to have an ace leaving you with 3 (maybe 4) outs. I personally would c/c here.

MD

LoNeLyAcEs 08-19-2007 10:06 PM

I prefer betting the turn instead of the C/R, because of 3 reasons

1) if he has a strong hand you can get 3 bets in instead of 2
2) if he is playing for a free card he won't get it
3) a C/R may scare some hands into folding, while betting out may get them to call

sean c 08-19-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the flop bet goot?

At a loose table, someone has got to have an ace leaving you with 3 (maybe 4) outs. I personally would c/c here.

MD

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah two semi tight players probably fold on this flop often enough to make a bet good. It does suck being OOP and having to call the raise but I still fire one here.

NIX 08-19-2007 10:19 PM

Looks good to me.

Xhad 08-19-2007 10:31 PM

Fine. Also acceptable would be folding preflop or donking the turn (go for the donk/3bet and deny freecarding flush draws at the same time). I thought about c/r'ing the river but a lot of B&M players will check through with AK because they suck at value betting. I think checking the flop is a crime and I'm not even sure calling is right if you do.

JJH3984 08-21-2007 01:08 PM

If I'm c/r the river, I'm doing it primarily because villian has played his hand a lot like a flush draw and I want to induce a bluff. Given your read though, it looks like he has some kind of made hand most of the time here. Other than that I like how you played it.