Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   [Pokersars] What's the best satellites in order to get a BR? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481238)

spazn 08-19-2007 09:09 AM

[Pokersars] What\'s the best satellites in order to get a BR?

Hi

Ive been reading this forum for a month and ive discovered many good ideas, since yesterday ive been into satellites and i d like to get your opinion on the best sat i could do on Stars in order to get a better bankroll

Of course ive read :
Adanthar's Quick Guide to Qualifying for Big Events through Satellites plus his updated post

However i cant see any 5+R Sat, lol ive just looked again and there they are, actually they are sats for the 500$ sunday million:)

Any idea what other sats i could do with a 200$ BR when the 5+R aint available?

BrandiFan 08-19-2007 09:26 AM

Re: [Pokersars] What\'s the best satellites in order to get a BR?

$200 is probably not enough to play any rebuy sats unless you're real solid at short stack/sat bubble game and if you were, you'd probably have more than $200 (no offense). If you want to work up to that $3.40 45 man SnGs will teach you many of the same concepts and your "risk of ruin" is much lower.

edit: of course, if you're willing to lose that $200 (and you should be prepared to if you are just starting) $3r sats run all the time.

woohoo88 08-19-2007 10:07 AM

For stars pretty much all the sats into the $11 sunday 100k are worthwhile. The scheduled $2 ones are especially soft. I haven't seen any other sats I'd suggest playing wtih a $200 roll. I don't know about other sites.

halpgr 08-19-2007 11:04 AM

I'd recommend the $2.20 4 table sats to the Sunday Hundred. They take less than an hour and are soft. The price is right for a $200 bankroll.

Lyrrad 08-19-2007 11:22 AM

I'm currently building my bankroll through the $2 sats to the 100K. At what point in my bankroll should I start to take shots at higher stakes sats? Also, I'm unsure what sats I should try after the $2 ones.

BrandiFan 08-19-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently building my bankroll through the $2 sats to the 100K. At what point in my bankroll should I start to take shots at higher stakes sats? Also, I'm unsure what sats I should try after the $2 ones.

[/ QUOTE ]Less important-bankroll, more important-skill level.
That said, I'm not sure what the sat BR requirement concensus is (50 buyins?), but there's not much by way of satellites between the $2 freeze and $3 rebuy levels. So I'd again suggest 45 man SnGs. The $5/45s should be a good next step.

thomasdrool 08-24-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Less important-bankroll, more important-skill level.
That said, I'm not sure what the sat BR requirement concensus is (50 buyins?), but there's not much by way of satellites between the $2 freeze and $3 rebuy levels. So I'd again suggest 45 man SnGs. The $5/45s should be a good next step.

[/ QUOTE ]It's not the buy in that matters, it's the value of the prize that counts. It doesn't matter if you bought in for 3bux or 50bux when you're coinflipping on the bubble for a 530 seat.

I need ten times the value of a seat to feel comfortable and I think even that is pretty risky. If I didn't play cash games mostly I'd need a lot more. Twenty seats might be nearer the mark.

Of course I only play turbos. I'm not really the one to judge for super sats with slow structures. Damn things take too long so can't be bothered even thinking about it.