Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Is this Joseph Newman guy serious? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481018)

bkar824 08-18-2007 11:24 PM

Is this Joseph Newman guy serious?

www.josephnewman.com

I don't know why I bothered giving this guy the time of day, but I listened to his crap for like 2 hours. He claims to have this God inspired miracle machine that is simply the answer to the worlds energy problems, because it gives out more energy than it takes in, while obeying the laws of the first law of thermodynamics.

Go to the site read all the crap explaining it, watch some of his videos explaining it and demonstrating it. This guy had a special on the science channel which is airing again soon.

I'm an engineer so I think this guy is completely full of #&@!, but on nothing scientific, just common sense. I mean if this were legit, it would have been catapulted into mainstream...kinda like the light bulb was. I also think he's a nut, because he's from the middle of Alabama, how normal could he be? Read it over, let me know what you think!

joes28 08-18-2007 11:34 PM

Re: Is this Joseph Newman guy serious?

my money is still on these guys www.steorn.net

Johnny Drama 08-19-2007 01:55 AM

if he's so smart, why does his website look like [censored]?

bkar824 08-19-2007 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, at least there website is a lot nicer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!

qwnu 08-19-2007 03:26 AM

He obviously used the same cutting-edge web design firm as this other lunatic.

ChrisV 08-19-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Orbo is based upon the principle of time variant magneto-mechanical interactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. In other words, it's another one of those ones where they try to make things spin with magnets. Good luck with that.

bkar824 08-19-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"If ignorant of the almighty
Time Cube Creation Truth,
you deserve to be killed. "

Directly off that dude's website. Lol doesn't even begin to describe it!

Kaj 08-19-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"If ignorant of the almighty
Time Cube Creation Truth,
you deserve to be killed. "

Directly off that dude's website. Lol doesn't even begin to describe it!

[/ QUOTE ]

This quote is the essence of religion. And every Christian essentially espouses it if they really believe the Bible.

Praxising 08-21-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean if this were legit, it would have been catapulted into mainstream...

[/ QUOTE ]

That - or he'd be killed in a tragic fire that destroys all of his work and his prototype.

You can't make money from free energy. (Not saying this guy is legit...just saying we have long had plenty of technology for virtually free energy - how many solar panels on your house?)

Kaj 08-21-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't make money from free energy. (Not saying this guy is legit...just saying we have long had plenty of technology for virtually free energy - how many solar panels on your house?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that solar energy is free energy and you can't make money off it? I might be misreading your point. (And would you include wind energy?)