Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Announcement to tuq / other Suntards: (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480645)

Anacardo 08-18-2007 12:39 PM

Announcement to tuq / other Suntards:

It may be of mild interest to you to know that I spotted Mike D'Antoni strolling through the Wynn last Thursday morn, around 8:30.

He was dressed in rather unbecoming khaki shorts and a USA Basketball polo. His expression was purposeful, even a bit grim. Like many basketball coaches he was taller in person than I would have guessed.

Had I recognized him sooner I probably would have spoken to him, but as it was, I was so exhausted that I didn't recognize him until after he was gone down the corridor.

That is all. Have a lovely day.

anatta 08-18-2007 12:43 PM

Re: Announcement to tuq / other Suntards:

I saw Charles Oakley outside the Bellagio. I said "Oak". He said "Alright". We're pretty solid.

EvanJC 08-18-2007 04:30 PM

anacardo: are you in vegas currently?

Anacardo 08-18-2007 05:24 PM

Evan:

Negative. Just got home.

blackasthma 08-18-2007 06:03 PM

lol...I was at Church St. Station in downtown Orlando years ago when Charles tossed some dude through a plate glass window. My recent accolades include busting out Champ Bailey & Olden Polynice, and getting busted out by Orel Hersheiser, all at Bellagio...

dlk9s 08-19-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It may be of mild interest to you to know that I spotted Mike D'Antoni strolling through the Wynn last Thursday morn, around 8:30.

He was dressed in rather unbecoming khaki shorts and a USA Basketball polo. His expression was purposeful, even a bit grim. Like many basketball coaches he was taller in person than I would have guessed.

Had I recognized him sooner I probably would have spoken to him, but as it was, I was so exhausted that I didn't recognize him until after he was gone down the corridor.

That is all. Have a lovely day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw him at N9NE Steakhouse at The Palms last summer.

westhoff 08-19-2007 12:10 AM

WTF? You didn't offer him a [censored]? Ban

dlk9s 08-19-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? You didn't offer him a [censored]? Ban

[/ QUOTE ]

He looked too busy sharing a s'mores plate with a guy named Tim and someone he kept addressing as "Mr. Vito."

Wondercall 08-19-2007 02:23 PM

Anacardo,

Thank you for the update.

tuq 08-19-2007 09:09 PM

'cardo,

Heh, sorry, just saw this. Thanks for the trip report. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I remember sitting at the blackjack tables at the MGM Grand ~10 years ago and Frank Thomas comes rolling by. I pointed it out to a buddy of mine who yelled "Big Hurt!" at him. Thomas, probably used to responding without engaging said "what's up guy" or somesuch while not even turning to look at us, heh.