Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   hi guys, i get AK in a 30/60 game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480447)

Chris Daddy Cool 08-18-2007 04:34 AM

hi guys, i get AK in a 30/60 game

30/60 6max online

no reads on anybody, some people may or may not have a read on me as i play these games every once in a while.

i raise utg with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] next guy up coldcalls. bb calls.

flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

bb checks. i bet. mp raises. bb folds. i 3-bet (which i think is generally a mistake on a Q high flop here). mp caps. i call.

turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check and call.

river: 9: club:

i check intending to call.

i have been accused of being a spewtard many times and my first option was to actually checkraise the turn and bet the river, but i chose this option instead.

what do you guys think?

smurfitup 08-18-2007 04:41 AM

Re: hi guys, i get AK in a 30/60 game

i think it's fine against an unknown. sometimes i would donk the river and fold to a raise, but when i have no read, i just want to see showdown as cheaply as possible.

kiddo 08-18-2007 04:59 AM

i think its fine

what would u have done if flush hit on turn?

gaming_mouse 08-18-2007 01:25 PM

Ya chris I thought about a c/r on turn here at first too, but I think the chance that you are against a set, a flopped flush, or Q K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes the c/c line better.

Dave Mac 08-18-2007 01:42 PM

my first reaction was also cr. but the more i think about it the more a cc seems much better i think with you holding the Ad it makes it makes it much harder for him to have hands that you are now beating (poorly worded but you know what i am saying).
dave

geormiet 08-18-2007 02:05 PM

Looks good to me, i would play the flop more passively though.

Enon 08-18-2007 07:32 PM

I don't 3 bet flop but I'm leading turn here a lot.

MacGuyV 08-18-2007 10:31 PM

I'd typically just lead the turn. Do so few people check thru in this game that it has no merit?

Heisenb3rg 08-18-2007 10:59 PM

kind of awkward without a read, but I lead this turn..
A PF cold call is rarely done with QQ/66/88 or anything that has two pair on this flop (maybe Q8/68)?

I dont really know what to make of a flop cap in this spot against an unknown.. I could see a decent amount of people doing that with QJ/QT/Q9 with jt9 of diamonds... Maybe even a midpair with a diamond.. VS other players its a monster or A of diamonds (which you have)..

I dont think it makes a big difference c/c or b/c on the turn without a read. c/r is by far the worst of the options.

I just call the flop raise too... You may have a tiny edge, but the disadvantage of narrowing your range, decreasing your implied odds and getting popped UI on the turn now that youve retaken intiative offsets your equity edge enough that id want to play it passivly.

Victor 08-18-2007 11:43 PM

heis, he coulda flopped a flush.