Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25 Hero sees free flop - Hits bottom two - Faces huge turn bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480250)

automaton_22 08-17-2007 10:00 PM

NL25 Hero sees free flop - Hits bottom two - Faces huge turn bet

Just joined table, no reads.
Insta-fold to a bet this big with bottom two against an unknown, right?
Comments?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $44.80
UTG+1: $11.52
CO: $27.33
Button: $29.32
SB: $9.50
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, Button calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $26.07</font>, Hero ?

BevillTheDevil 08-17-2007 10:07 PM

Re: NL25 Hero sees free flop - Hits bottom two - Faces huge turn bet

yea i think a fold is good here. Since the turn is a overcard esp being a K it makes me think that villian has better than just like 9x or 1 pair hand. Most the time ppl dont take this line on the turn w/ less than a pair of Ks and villian shouldnt be takin this flop line w/ just Kx air. So i think villian most the time has 2 pair plus here which makes it a fold. Of course all this isnt necessarly true and if we find out that villian is a laggy fish then id be more willin to get AI here.

yellowbastard 08-17-2007 10:13 PM

I dont think many of the hands you beat are that likely to push on the turn (QQ-TT) and 9x.

Jimmayjames 08-17-2007 10:14 PM

With no reads, there is nothing you can do in this situation. I would agree that a fold would be best in this situation. Wait for a better spot, and a read on your opponent. If this guy is a complete fish, you'll know better next time, and probably take all of his monies in his small bankroll. LOL

mojack 08-17-2007 10:22 PM

the no read part about this makes it tough, but I play at $10NL and I'd call and probably get payed. But, I can make the assumption that most of those players blow hard.

I'm not so sure that most of the players at NL25 don't blow as well, so I probably need a read that he is good enough to fold to. And I call...and get an expensive read.

And yes, I play with a drink in my hand after a day of real work.