Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Played set poorly/weak on river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479731)

fromak 08-17-2007 07:05 AM

Played set poorly/weak on river?

I don't think I bet enough on the flop? Also, I was so scared that the flush hit that I checked the river. Maybe I should've been the first to push but I just don't see what he could've called flop with. I was kind of tilting from getting outdrawn by KK the previous hand with AA so I weak called I feel like.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.75
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $11.55
MP: $7.95
CO: $16.45
BTN: $10.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, UTG calls $0.50, BTN folds

Flop: ($1.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, UTG calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.35) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, UTG calls $3.00

River: ($9.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $6.95</font>, Hero calls all-in for $5.40
Uncalled bet of $1.55 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $20.15 ($2 Rake)

UTG had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ([Tc Kc] a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$10.00)
Hero had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sevens) and WON (+$8.15)

members_only 08-17-2007 09:01 AM

Re: Played set poorly/weak on river?

I think you played it fine apart from the river (unless you had a read that villain was a maniac)

Edit: By which I mean I would have thought it was a fairly easy c/f

bob_sacamano 08-17-2007 09:35 AM

It was a fact that he was goin to bet the river if a diamond fall and you checked it.

hard to play, gotta have a real good read to make that call. otherwise, fold it.

Mrage 08-17-2007 09:39 AM

It looks ok until the river call. The 4-flush is enough to scare me off there without a read, he looks like he's drawing to a flush the whole time. That said, it's pretty thin there either way so in the wild I might make the call, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it getting those odds. I wholly expect to lose to a flush most of the time there though.

choccypie 08-17-2007 09:54 AM

If you know you're going to call the river when he bets, it's best to bet it first yourself. That way he'll fold if he doesn't have a flush and thinks you do. It just puts the ball in your court [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

members_only 08-17-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you know you're going to call the river when he bets, it's best to bet it first yourself. That way he'll fold if he doesn't have a flush and thinks you do. It just puts the ball in your court [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That way you get absolutely no value as if he doesn't have a flush you have the best hand and it would be better to give him the opportunity to bluff

Better reasons might be that you could get him to fold a low flush or that you avoid the 'negative freeroll' should you have decided that you're going to pay him off if he bets

mynameisslime 11-18-2007 11:00 AM

yea played it weak try harder next time

Monster207 11-18-2007 11:16 AM

I think the river is a fold, especially when he shoves. This just seems to be long term -ev. I would also be sure to make a note on this guy as he obviously seems like a total donk and this is a pretty huge exploitable leak.