Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL - AKo OOP against decent player. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479632)

VLV 08-17-2007 02:44 AM

25NL - AKo OOP against decent player.

Player is 19/16/4 over 300 hands. Plus I remember seeing him previously and noting that he was a decent player.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($30.30)
MP ($3.85)
CO ($27.40)
Button ($33.65)
SB ($3.75)
Hero ($30.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO calls $3, SB calls $2.75 (All-In).

Flop: ($11.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero ???

Should I have bet more PF?

crovax4444 08-17-2007 05:02 AM

Re: 25NL - AKo OOP against decent player.

your bet is fine PF

c-bet/fold the flop. His range is decently wide, I'd guess A9s+, 22-JJ, K9+, JTs+, QTs+.

Crovax

Asheh 08-17-2007 05:27 AM

If he seems decent he will prob fold to the flop bet. Maybe if you feel hes that strong you could c/r the flop? pretty strong, but be prepared to lay it down if he comes over the top.

Otherwise if your not feelin confident, i dont mind a c/f here, it might show weakness but you can use it to your advantage later when you flop a monster.

corsakh 08-17-2007 06:00 AM

Preflop is fine. I tend to give up on this flop.

If he is decent, his calling range would be something like TT+, AK. Mostly TT-QQ and AK. And he is not folding to a cbet on this board. You only fold a split.

If he is a tagfish, his range includes a lot of queens and middle suited connectors that obviously hit.

Tevac 08-17-2007 06:04 AM

Pre-flop raise is fine.

I would also c-bet here. That flop will have missed a lot of players.

tomonbass 08-17-2007 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If he is decent, his calling range would be something like TT+, AK. Mostly TT-QQ and AK. And he is not folding to a cbet on this board. You only fold a split.

If he is a tagfish, his range includes a lot of queens and middle suited connectors that obviously hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know hes not folding to a c-bet on this board If you dont make one ...

This Flop is a standard C bet for me in this spot Im gone If he raises me...

corsakh 08-17-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know hes not folding to a c-bet on this board If you dont make one ...

This Flop is a standard C bet for me in this spot Im gone If he raises me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he fold TT-QQ here? And why would he fold JT or T9 here if he is spewy enough to call with it preflop?

members_only 08-17-2007 08:58 AM

Also even if he folds you're going to have to beat SB to win any money, which significantly dents your expectation from c-betting

Mrage 08-17-2007 09:02 AM

HU I cbet, get called and shutdown (hehe) but with the SB all-in I'm more willing to give it up. The added benefit (though slight) is you will get to see what he is calling your 3bet with.

WarhammerIIC 08-17-2007 09:37 AM

3-handed, I'm check-folding here. Heads up, you have to c-bet. If he raises, oh well. GL next hand.