Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AKs - TPTK on nasty board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478972)

MattVanDam 08-16-2007 09:48 AM

AKs - TPTK on nasty board

Opinions please, so the villian here is UTG+1 on my immediate left, we've played some pots and he rarely seems to raise at all during hands, he is playing more than 50% of hands since I joined the table and only raised 5% of those hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($26.85)
MP ($27.75)
CO ($24.10)
Button ($18.70)
SB ($7.75)
BB ($30.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2.25</font>, Hero ???

rjacobs003 08-16-2007 09:56 AM

Re: AKs - TPTK on nasty board

Bet the flop bigger. Fire again on the turn - a bit weak to check this heads-up. Reassess if he plays back at you.

WarhammerIIC 08-16-2007 10:08 AM

Everything is fine until the turn - why would you not bet there? If he has something like KdJd, you're giving him a free card with a huge draw.

As played, call... at least.

choccypie 08-16-2007 10:10 AM

I'd raise a bit more pf and bet at least $2 on the flop. I think another bet on the turn is better than checking as it shows weakness. I'd raise him here, as calling won't confirm what hand I think he has. If he reraises all in or flat calls I'll know that I'm definitely behind.

Lego05 08-16-2007 10:37 AM

I would probably bet/fold turn. If I were in position I'd probably check behind. As played I'd probably call and then check call river.

wslee00 08-16-2007 12:07 PM

bet pot on flop and bet again on turn.

CobraGoat 08-16-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet pot on flop and bet again on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

though no stats, this guy sounds like a laptard, from whom you are getting value out with a turn bet. if he raises your turn bet then you are probably folding but more than likely he calls turn bet w worse A or a J or draw.

MattVanDam 08-17-2007 12:06 AM

Thanks for the replies. I actualy decided to fold, I felt that as the only reasonable holding I can beat was AQ then to check/call this down with hardly any money in the pot was simply not a profitable line in the long run. I'm actually surprised not one of you has considered a fold here?

Cheers anyways!

Buffalo Wings 08-17-2007 12:20 AM

Checking the turn makes this a lot harder to play and define his hand. I think it's a must to fire again on the turn. You can't see monsters here yet, especially against what you described as a loose passive player. As played call his turn and reassess on river.

KEW 08-17-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. I actualy decided to fold, I felt that as the only reasonable holding I can beat was AQ then to check/call this down with hardly any money in the pot was simply not a profitable line in the long run. I'm actually surprised not one of you has considered a fold here?

Cheers anyways!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is giving this villain way to much respect...A fold would never had entered my mind on the turn..This villain will be betting a wide range of weaker Aces,FD &amp; SD and other random crap...

B/F this everytime vs a weak loose passive villain..Betting will get you value and allow you to fold with 100% confidence when villain raises...