Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Full Tilt Crashing once every few hours (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477658)

CruNKinTILT 08-14-2007 07:20 PM

Full Tilt Crashing once every few hours

I 4 table on FT and once every few hours, the client just crashes randomly. An error screen pops up that says something along the lines of "The Full Tilt Poker Client Has Experienced An Error and Must Now Close" with three boxes below the error message that say "Debug," "Report" and "Close."

I run PTracker, HUD, BetPot, and autoreloader on a fast Windows XP SP2 computer with 2GB RAM. Everything is fully updated. The only customization of FT I've done is a custom table image. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect. No other programs I run crash like this (including other poker clients) and while I have emailed FT support, they have not helped.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do or what I can test to get FT to not crash? Thanks.

phatjeffrey 08-14-2007 07:40 PM

Re: Full Tilt Crashing once every few hours

also get it here ... running same apps...

fozzy71 08-14-2007 07:44 PM

Not sure if this will help, but if its a dual core machine, try:

CTRL+ALT+DEL > Processes Tab > Find FullTiltPoker.exe > Rt Click+Set Affinity - and pick only one of the CPU's.

My client used to crash semi-frequently. Since setting the affinity to CPU1 only, it crashes MUCH LESS.

You can also try and lower/raise the priority from the Rt Click > Set Priority menu, but once again, not sure if this will help or hinder your problem.

*Edit I would only try and change one thing at a time. I would recommend try the affinity first, and see if that helps. I dont remember if I ever adjusted the priority for FT Client. I think I used that on PT to lower the priority, but not sure about FT.

CruNKinTILT 08-14-2007 07:58 PM

Thanks fozzy, if changing the affinity to only CPU1 doesn't work, do you suggest I set the priority of FTPoker.exe higher or lower? Theres like 6 different levels.

fozzy71 08-14-2007 08:25 PM

I am unsure, you may want to try a technical forum.

I remember setting the priority to low for PT. I "might" have lowered the FT priority as well, but, but I dont remember.

I would try the affinity, say for a week, and see if it crashes less. If not, try and set the affinity back? and try lowering(?) the CPU priority?

Like I said, I don't truly know how/why/if these will help. But they are both non-intrusive things to try, that can be easily switched back if they dont help or make things worse.

Perhaps someone more technical or more experienced will see this if we keep bumpin the thread all night long.? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

_dave_ 08-14-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I remember setting the priority to low for PT. I "might" have lowered the FT priority as well, but, but I dont remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT should be "low" or "lowest" (so it's CPU intensive imports do not impact on sites), FT (or any client) should be "high" or "highest" (NOT "realtime", although that may be safe with a dual core) so it is less affected by other running processes).

BTW, it is probably BetPot crashing FT - just about as much error-checking as can be has been done to avoid this, but *just occasionally* FTP can still destroy a button BetPot is about to click, causing a bomb out. FTS suffers the same fate, it is a problem with the FTP client (does not handle "Windows Messages Queue" gracefully, although things are much better in recent builds than it used to be).

dave.