Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL5: KK facing river shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477207)

alexDJI 08-14-2007 09:39 AM

NL5: KK facing river shove

First Hand at the table, no reads on villain.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.85
Hero (BB): $5.00
UTG: $10.37
CO: $1.23
BTN: $4.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, CO folds, SB calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, SB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.35</font>, Hero calls $0.35

River: ($2.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.60</font>, Hero ???

comments on all street are welcome. As said, I have no reads on villain. Do I have to call here? Should I have raised the turn?

BevillTheDevil 08-14-2007 09:55 AM

Re: NL5: KK facing river shove

id probably bet a little more on the flop but not really that big of a deal. Turn looks fine. I think if we raise here we def are foldin out a lot of hands we beat. River I fold. Villian couldve been slow playin a good hand or possibly c/c flop w/ some Ax crap and hit the turn. The board is somewhat coordnated so he could be bluffin a missed straight draw but those hands are less likely given the pf action. Im not callin a push here w/ 2nd pair but if villian made another weak bet id probably call.

DontTiltMe 08-14-2007 10:21 AM

Personally i raise a little more preflop, and bet more on the flop.

I like the turn, and easy fold on the river. You beat nothing but a bluff.

Cam5182 08-14-2007 10:24 AM

Start by potting the flop and making it harder/giving worse odds to drawy hands. You are way ahead of villain's range on the flop.

alexDJI 08-14-2007 11:43 AM

The turn is very confusing to me, i can't see him calling the flop with Ax except with AT, A9 and A6. I can't put him on any other hands like T9 or J8, beacause I dont think he would call my PF re-raise with them. Should I put him on a wider range?

choccypie 08-14-2007 12:05 PM

I'd raise more preflop, and bet just under the pot on the flop. Turn looks good, but I'd fold the river; no point in calling such a bet with second pair when he could very possibly have an ace given his range.

alexDJI 08-14-2007 07:34 PM

Results in case anyone cares:
I asked my bro who is way better than me, he said call. So I called anw villain had AJo