Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Best PLO games on the net? Discuss... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476743)

Flipper IRL 08-13-2007 08:27 PM

Best PLO games on the net? Discuss...

I grew up on the old tribeca network playing 2/4 to 10/20 PLO but now it's all gone. I've been finding Stars to be hard work lately and I'm thinkin of moving around on the American sites? Where would you recomment for 2/4 to 5/10?

Ribbo 08-13-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Best PLO games on the net? Discuss...

Stars is unbelievably soft. If you can't win there, just give up playing omaha.

pete fabrizio 08-13-2007 11:35 PM

i've played in every game from 1-2 to 5-10 on both stars and full tilt and they're all pretty good. if you want to play pseudo-nitty i think stars is better because people are more passive preflop so you can make money just by waiting for good cards in position and raising with them. on full tilt people are much more aggressive preflop, but may take it a little far out of position, plus they are probably more likely to donk off their stack postflop.

NuklearWinter 08-13-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars is unbelievably soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ribbo 08-13-2007 11:51 PM

It's only at 5/10 and higher you see better play at Stars.

I have noticed a bunch of previous regular 25/50'ers now playing 2/4 at Stars.
At least 3 of them, "GoldenFaith" being one of them.
Certainly people are going busto in the big games. And I thought everyone won! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mixmastermattyk 08-14-2007 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only at 5/10 and higher you see better play at Stars.

I have noticed a bunch of previous regular 25/50'ers now playing 2/4 at Stars.
At least 3 of them, "GoldenFaith" being one of them.
Certainly people are going busto in the big games. And I thought everyone won! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? That guy was at a bunch of my 1/2 tables last night, and to be honest, I thought he added value to the table. Maybe just adjusting to the different dynamics of small stakes? I dunno, but funnily enough poker seems to be getting harder as time goes by...

Elrazor 08-14-2007 06:45 AM

i personally dont mind whether i play a bunch of TAGs or LAPs, if you are going to become any good at the game you need to be able to beat them all, i prefer crypto - it used to be awful when the low stakes were 10 seaters all full of bonus chasers, but they have wisely changed to 6 seaters recently and the FR players and shorties still play there which makes for easy pickings as they havent adjusted their game

having said that i played a FT for about 2 weeks and ran at 15ptbb as opposed to my usual 5, mainly down to the donators you get there