Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AA on horrible board v maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476567)

fitnessfreak 08-13-2007 04:14 PM

AA on horrible board v maniac

villain is 54/14/3 over 270 hands and is a total spewtard.

any better way to play this? anyone find a fold on the river?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $585.00
BB: $1,040.90
UTG: $443.95
Hero (CO): $625.00
BTN: $811.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50.00</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $38.00

Flop: ($109) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $78.00</font>, UTG calls $78.00

Turn: ($265) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($265) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $315.95</font>, Hero calls $315.95

king_of_drafts 08-13-2007 04:24 PM

Re: AA on horrible board v maniac

nooooooo fold

BobOjedaFan 08-13-2007 04:35 PM

I fold here. Also question I'm new to posting in the poekr sections. Why is it no one ever reveals the result. Well i guess its not to bias people's opinions but I am always curious as to what happend just for funs sakes. Besides I'm pretty sure you lost this pot otherwise you wouldnt be posting it.

BobOjedaFan 08-13-2007 04:37 PM

Also does anyone like Hero all in on the Turn? I mean the 8 probably doesn't complete a straight so you could just hope he doesn't have 2 pair, if he is a such a spewtard perhaps there is a chance of it. Also a slight chance you bluff out two pair too, thoughts?

DaCooler 08-13-2007 04:38 PM

crappy spot, 1010 got there, 99 88 77 66 obv. beat you, you really only beat JJ-KK... and i dont really think hes betting them here

fitnessfreak 08-13-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold here. Also question I'm new to posting in the poekr sections. Why is it no one ever reveals the result. Well i guess its not to bias people's opinions but I am always curious as to what happend just for funs sakes. Besides I'm pretty sure you lost this pot otherwise you wouldnt be posting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all. i frequently post hands that i won where i feel i misplayed it or thought there was a marginal spot and i want to know what the best play is. and yes, posting results will always have an effect on the advice. its inevitable.
if a few ppl are interested in results of a hand i post i will usually just post them at a later date. but this is a strategy forum, and thus results are pretty much irrelevant to what is being asked.

Jay Riall 08-13-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and thus results are pretty much irrelevant to what is being asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree if it helps people build a picture of the ranges of hands they are going to see.

BobOjedaFan 08-13-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all. i frequently post hands that i won where i feel i misplayed it or thought there was a marginal spot and i want to know what the best play is. and yes, posting results will always have an effect on the advice. its inevitable.
if a few ppl are interested in results of a hand i post i will usually just post them at a later date. but this is a strategy forum, and thus results are pretty much irrelevant to what is being asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the results are irrelevant because it can help people see what is/is not in a range. Howevre, yes I know they will affect what people will say. Have to grant that...

ikestoys 08-13-2007 04:49 PM

if i have enough to b/f turn i do...

if not i prob push b/c i don't think this guy can fold anything