Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Really Weird Preflop Spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476149)

PokerBob 08-13-2007 01:57 AM

Really Weird Preflop Spot

Live 30/60 game that is currently playing 5-handed, as there are new players coming in and others walking. 2 new players sit down, and they post utg and utg+1. They are both fish, and check their options. The button, who I have never seen before but can assume is an idiot because (a) well, Vehn told me to assume everyone is an idiot until shown otherwise and (b) he is wearing sunglasses, now raises. I am in the SB (2/3) with ATo. What do I do? (It should be noted that BB is a total loose fish as well.)

HOWMANY 08-13-2007 02:03 AM

Re: Really Weird Preflop Spot

Call and not really like it. The reason for not liking it is that we can obviously not fold, yet 3betting could just put us in an awful spot with the lead in a 5 way pot. Calling unfortunately almost guarantees the 5 way pot but I think we can navigate postflop much better if we just call.

DeathDonkey 08-13-2007 02:57 AM

3 bet fast and try to get it down to 2 or 3 ways. So much dead money I would 3 bet a HUGE range in this spot.

-DeathDonkey

The Dude 08-13-2007 04:14 AM

I'm 3betting this for value and feeling good about it. If it does go to the flop 5 ways, you are certainly not obligated to bet any flop.

MitchL 08-13-2007 04:33 AM

Well obv neither posters are folding, but I think you need to know more about button to make a 3bet for value. There are several forms of retardation as it relates to poker. If this were an online 6max game it would be an easy 3bet, but I have no idea if this guy is thinking hard enough to raise a large range here.

Michael Davis 08-13-2007 04:35 AM

You are practically getting value if you only have one card to hit with so much dead $, and that's a worst case scenario.

-Michael

Xhad 08-13-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet fast and try to get it down to 2 or 3 ways. So much dead money I would 3 bet a HUGE range in this spot.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is folding? Everyone's loose and has money in, except maybe the button who's PFR'ed and has money in. I can see 3betting for value given the near-random nature of probably everyone's hand but it would seem to me that if we want to narrow the field we should call planning to c/r dry flops.

private joker 08-13-2007 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Who is folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even horrible loose idiots might fold for 2 more cold with trash hands. And if we get J3o to fold and the flop comes JT4, we have the best hand now.

Lots of good reasons to 3-bet this IMO.

MitchL 08-13-2007 06:40 AM

These guys posted utg and utg+1 in a 5-handed game. They are obviously not worried about anything other than getting into action immediately. I cant imagine them folding pf.

GuyOnTilt 08-13-2007 06:42 AM

3bet all [censored] day.