Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Standard folds? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474134)

Mozart 08-10-2007 10:02 AM

Standard folds?

Villian 21/10/0.26 over 36 hands....

I think a can safely fold on this flop, right?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1SB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 3BB

Villain: 72/20/0.62
notes: cap KJs, silly 3 barrel bluff

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 3.25BB

I have third pair, a draw to two pair and straight and Villian plays weird. Calldown is the play?

mvoss 08-10-2007 10:06 AM

Re: Standard folds?

1. I think this one is fine.

2. The board sucks, but against a player this retarded I call down any pair.

jakbse 08-10-2007 10:07 AM

First one is fine, second why not raise? You have some showdown value, a draw and can fold to any further resistance.

blackasthma 08-10-2007 10:18 AM

4-bet/cap the preflop action in hand 1 because a) you may have the better hand, and b) this gives you the best chance of leading on the flop. You need to flop a set or make him fold, IMO, unless he'll call down with a big ace.

In hand 2, I would 3-bet preflop and/or lead on the flop.

Given the preflop action, I think you played fine after the flop in hand 1...

Oink 08-10-2007 10:19 AM

Considering you have 9 cards to improve in hand 2 and villain is retard the fold is pretty bad. I would just call down

yourface 08-10-2007 10:25 AM

in hand 1 I will take a look at the turn, we still beat a lot of SB defense hands

Oink 08-10-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in hand 1 I will take a look at the turn, we still beat a lot of SB defense hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. I will call the flop and try to figure out whether to fold the turn or fold the river. I am not calling down a 3-barrel. Bet if checked to on the turn obviously

werero 08-10-2007 10:38 AM

1. Sure, the board is coordinated but the cards is not really likely to have hit his 3-betting range. Think i peel this flop and calldown a none A, K, or Q without a reed.
But the flip side to this is that you don't really know were you are in the hand and it's a RIO situation.

2. Calldown. With his silly bluffs he probably bets a lot of hands u beat on the turn.
If he's not a retard is this a standard fold?

dhaimon 08-10-2007 10:52 AM

I don't really see what you beat on this turn in hand 2. A high? He's not retarded preflop is he? A pf raise of 20% is not that bad and that range has you creamed.

The pot is also just 3.25 bb, hardly worth risking 2 bb to win 4.25 in this spot?

thepizzlefosho 08-10-2007 11:02 AM

I can't fault you for folding either of these spots as the RIO are pretty bad and they are marginal at best (so obv high variance). That being said I do prefer to CAP hand #1 against this type of player because I am more likely to be able to overrep my hand and get him to check fold a lot of dangerous flops that don't hit him. On a lot of hands when the flop comes down A or K high he is folding to your c-bet if he hasn't paired so you can knock out his 6 out overcard draws.

hand #2 is super villain dependent, but on the turn assuming you have somewhere between 6-9 outs you still aren't getting odds to call if you have to improve. And if you call the turn you have to call the river so it is a pretty bad RIO spot. I think I probably just fold here, and if he bluffed me out with crap so be it.