Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   I'm watching Phil Hellmuth on ESPN right now (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473879)

BarryLyndon 08-10-2007 01:10 AM

I\'m watching Phil Hellmuth on ESPN right now

1. This guy is hugely entertaining.

2. In all honesty, does anyone know what the [censored] is wrong with this guy?

Barry

cardsfan04 08-10-2007 01:22 AM

Re: I\'m watching Phil Hellmuth on ESPN right now

He's definitely fun to watch. I think he preplans some of his quotes though so he can get attention.

SmokeyRidesAgain 08-10-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's definitely fun to watch. I think he preplans some of his quotes though so he can get attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I get that feeling when he says something and everyone ignores him, then he says the same cheesey line again a little louder until people are like yea whatever phil. Then he puts on that [censored] eating grin because somebody recognised phil exists.

Jetto 08-10-2007 02:16 AM

hes a great player aswell

aggie 08-10-2007 02:18 AM

Phil must be the hugest retard alive. He probably gave away ~20k in EV to Ivey in insurance....It just amazes me that he's made a living as a professional gambler.

TexRef 08-10-2007 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil must be the hugest retard alive. He probably gave away ~20k in EV to Ivey in insurance....It just amazes me that he's made a living as a professional gambler.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMFT!

Phil is not a gambler at all -- he has proved that. He will lay down a 75% favorite if his entire tournament life is at risk. In SS2, Doyle said that he once saw Phil lay down an open-ended straight flush draw in the early stages of a tournament. He's proved over and over that he doesn't like to gambol....

Thus, Ivey's PWNAGE of him with "insurance"! LOLOLOLOL

GTL 08-10-2007 05:05 AM

did anyone hear what he said about shak after she knocked him out? am i crazy or did he say, "and she can't win. she is just going to give the chips away." so two faced. he will berate the men at the table, but he is very classy to the lady. untill he leaves the table, then he will talk trash behind her back.

phatjeffrey 08-10-2007 07:19 AM

its 65/45.

The B 08-10-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone hear what he said about shak after she knocked him out? am i crazy or did he say, "and she can't win. she is just going to give the chips away." so two faced. he will berate the men at the table, but he is very classy to the lady. untill he leaves the table, then he will talk trash behind her back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth talks about this in his blog, scroll to bottom and read ESPN, Ivey & Shak

Bonified 08-10-2007 08:29 AM

From Phil's blog :

"The first final table he has watched in years and he MAKES $109,000, sigh. I don't mind him earning, but why did it have to be against me, again!?! "

Where to start :-)