Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I have to make a stand, i think (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472868)

recallme 08-08-2007 09:37 PM

I have to make a stand, i think

Villain is one of the best at this network and is squeezing 3betting often and restealed a lot from me.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $949
hero: $1473
SB: $1432
BB: $2046

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $35</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $135</font>, hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($275, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $210[/color

Preflop my thoughts were if i push no worse hands calls and no better hand folds. I wanted to call any non A/k flop and then play poker from there.

What`s my plan now?
1. Call another bet on turn and fold to river agression
2. check behind and call river?
What`s my plan for here? Preflop my thoughts were

invid 08-08-2007 09:59 PM

Re: I have to make a stand, i think

raise that flop son

RickOSU 08-08-2007 10:01 PM

1. call flop. re-evaluate turn.
2. depends on what cards hit, but overall that line looks good.

klownage 08-08-2007 10:03 PM

Call. Prob shove turn if he bets.

blainestar 08-08-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What`s my plan for here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Start posting in MSNL

recallme 08-09-2007 06:43 AM

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $949
hero: $1473
SB: $1432
BB: $2046

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $35</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $135</font>, hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($275, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $210</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($695, 2 players)
BB checks,

Turn was like i hoped. The question is are we betting for value/protection on the turn or checking to inducer a bluff?
Are we calling a bet of 400 or a PSB as well?

Yentz 08-09-2007 07:06 AM

I dont like checking to induce a bluff on the turn:

1) Your hand will look like either what it is, a mid pp playing for potcontrol and inducing bluffs, or a draw that will not call a river bet unimproved. Unless villain has reason to believe you will believe that he missed a turn checkraise, I think he will expect you to call a river bet with the majority of your made hands and therefore only bluff if he thinks he is behind the majority of your busted drawing hands too. But maybe I am overthinking things here?

2) Secondly, if he is reraising you light he can have all sorts of draws here, and I think you should protect your hand.

I prefer raising the flop though, I think you are well ahead of his range here. In played you when you played 2/5, and if you are still as aggro, the game is 4 handed and he is playing back at you, I guess his 3-betting range is wide!

RuffRhyder 08-09-2007 07:16 AM

What's his range to crai on this turn? Can you bet and call a crai relatively comfortably?

Yentz 08-09-2007 07:26 AM

relatively comfortably - probably not:-)

I still think its the best play though if I understand OP's description of the game correctly, but obviously impossible to say without being in the game.

I am at work now and cant do a pokerstove, it could be interesting though.

m3dude 08-09-2007 07:55 AM

how much is he playing back at you? this is a very marginal spot and it depends heavily on villain. will he c/r all in w/ air or diamond draw?

i dont like a flop raise, unless hes terrible u just get it in v a huge draw or get stacked when ur crushed. cant seem him calling with worse. u should only bet the turn if you plan to call a c/r all in tho. otherwise u have to check and just see a river.