Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   10NL Flopped set and 3rd heart on the river - line check plz (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472557)

MrBump 08-08-2007 03:04 PM

10NL Flopped set and 3rd heart on the river - line check plz

Not sure about how I played this hand. I think I played it ok, but wasn't sure about the river. I thought by betting, the only hand going to call is a flush, but by checking, I'm leaving myself open to a bluff ?! Help !

Stats on villain: 45/0/2 over just 20 hands.

My image. Very TAG, but I'd just taken down 3 biggish pots (with the nuts) without showing.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.50
BB: $12.70
UTG: $10.90
UTG+1: $1.85
Hero (MP1): $11.15
MP2: $7.85
MP3: $10.55
CO: $8.45
BTN: $9.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.45) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, MP2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, BB folds

Turn: ($1.05) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, BTN calls $0.80

River: ($2.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $5.65 ($0.10 Rake)

bkar824 08-08-2007 03:12 PM

Re: Flopped set and 3rd heart on the river - line check plz

Eh, a value bet is definitely a good idea OOP on the river. (If you were in position I would check behind or fold to a bet). Personally, I would bet like 1/3 the pot here, and get called by a Q that has been calling you down. SSNL this is a standard line for BTN with a weak queen, j10, two hearts etc. If you get RAISED on the river, you can fold, because he's obviously building the pot with a flush on the river. Your best play here is to bet like 1 on the river, and fold to any raise. Check folding isn't a good idea, because you don't have enough information on his hand, and a 1 dollar bet more than covers your equity against his range here.

effang 08-08-2007 03:27 PM

put stakes or don't post.

SABR42 08-08-2007 03:31 PM

Bet the river.

MrBump 08-08-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, a value bet is definitely a good idea OOP on the river. (If you were in position I would check behind or fold to a bet). Personally, I would bet like 1/3 the pot here, and get called by a Q that has been calling you down. SSNL this is a standard line for BTN with a weak queen, j10, two hearts etc. If you get RAISED on the river, you can fold, because he's obviously building the pot with a flush on the river. Your best play here is to bet like 1 on the river, and fold to any raise. Check folding isn't a good idea, because you don't have enough information on his hand, and a 1 dollar bet more than covers your equity against his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. His psb looks pretty fishy, but no way I could call it. Next time I'll make a small value bet and be sick when he shows 2 hearts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MrBump 08-08-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
put stakes or don't post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input, I didn't realise you were a mod.

I made an effort to write a detailed subject. I forgot to put the stakes though. You are right. I was wrong. Does that feel better?

Mods, apologies, feel free to edit the topic subject to include the stakes. Thanks.

Dennisa 08-08-2007 04:30 PM

You induced the bluff, gotta call. Villian bets two pair or less &gt; than 33% of the time here.

chopchoi 08-08-2007 04:57 PM

gross fold. if you're gonna check/fold everytime a 3rd suited card comes, you will never ever ever be a winning player.

I don't mind bet/folding or check/calling here, depending on my opponent. Check/folding is horrible.