Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   KK multiway looks crushed in a big pot, wtf do I do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470418)

boc4life 08-06-2007 07:04 AM

KK multiway looks crushed in a big pot, wtf do I do?

Table is playing pretty wild, obviously. C/Rer is a 40/10 type. I have no idea if I should 3 bet here or just call and pray for a miracle on the turn. I have no idea what my plan is for the rest of the hand.

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

BryanC 08-06-2007 07:23 AM

Re: KK multiway looks crushed in a big pot, wtf do I do?

I'd prefer to call and wait for the turn to raise i think thats the best way to try and protect our hand here.

kiddo 08-06-2007 08:23 AM

Pot is huge, raise flop, protect your overpair.

I dont like to wait for turn, unless u can fold if he 3bets.

If he caps flop and bet turn, call down. If anyone else suddenly get aggressive on turn u should normally fold.

MacGuyV 08-06-2007 01:24 PM

It all depends on UTG, right? With your limited read I don't really like your hand that much when this guy trap checkraises the capper + Asia. I might just call down here. If you're putting in another raise I would prefer the turn because it does offer better protection plus it might even be enough show of strength to slow down AA.

ILOVEPOKER929 08-06-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot is huge, raise flop, protect your overpair.

I dont like to wait for turn, unless u can fold if he 3bets.

If he caps flop and bet turn, call down. If anyone else suddenly get aggressive on turn u should normally fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general protecting our hands in large multiway pots is very important, but I dont think our hand is good often enough to make protection mathematically worth it even in this large pot. I could be wrong as I am certainly not crunching any numbers, but I would just call down in this situation as I think im screwed here. I am calling down with the mere hope that my read of this situation is wrong.

kiddo 08-06-2007 02:57 PM

yep, u could be right... all we know is that he is a 40/10 type of guy and its not much of a read.

TheHip41 08-06-2007 03:45 PM

I just hope this guy has T9, and start calling down.

Or, you can raise the turn if it's a bricky card, but if he three bets, that's trouble.

milesdyson 08-06-2007 03:56 PM

re: raising turn, pot will be big enough to call a 3-bet for 2 outs.

the best line is probably call, call, fold, but i pray and call 3x and hope no one raises behind me.

TheHip41 08-06-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
re: raising turn, pot will be big enough to call a 3-bet for 2 outs.

the best line is probably call, call, fold, but i pray and call 3x and hope no one raises behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i would get 3bet, then look at the pot, and do the math.

but I just feel uncomfortable about it. People do strange stuff all the time.

Knowing I would probably raise/call the turn, and getting like 100-1 on the river, I'd call.

What I do in this spot is call, call and call.

FWIW, If I c/r this flop, you can call and fold the turn, but no one ever will.

ggbman 08-06-2007 04:40 PM

Try to showdown cheaply and don't raise again in the process.