Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   1-2 NL Live (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470412)

D0p3Ad1c7 08-06-2007 06:59 AM

1-2 NL Live

Live game been playing 2 or 3 hrs, got a sick streak goin around $800 infront of me, LP's 3rd hand at table

BB ($500)
UTG - MP ($200)
LP ($500)
Me: Button ($800)

Gets limped around by everyone I make it $25 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB, UTG, MP, and LP call..

Flop:
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check around
Turn:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checks, to me, I bet 25, BB Calls and LP call
River
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB Checks, LP Leads for 120, I...?

Every draw missed... If he has QJ I think he bets the turn, if he has a set, he OBVIOUSLY bets the flop // turn... So, is this a call here? Im not worried about BB overcalling with a hand that beats AA here... Since he woulda led out...

I know the turn bet was a... WTF WTF WHY BET kinda thing... But... I dunno... Just felt like betting! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]... So yeah... Comments please, I'll post results later on

luckyjimm 08-06-2007 07:05 AM

Re: 1-2 NL Live

Why didn't you bet more on the turn?

Ribbo 08-06-2007 07:17 AM

all-in preflop.

D0p3Ad1c7 08-06-2007 07:18 AM

Cant really beat anything that calls me except a draw... I dont even know why I bet the turn... Was more of a... Lets try and take down a $150 pot with a $25 bet on a two straight draw two flush draw board!... Its a bad bet on the turn... No matter how much I bet... I got J5... No redraw... =/

D0p3Ad1c7 08-06-2007 07:22 AM

Allin preflop? Sorry your right... next time I'll push 800 into a $10 pot! THATS where I went wrong! DAMNIT

alavet 08-06-2007 07:30 AM

lololo
pot flop

as played, fold
he has Q2 or smth else

Jamougha 08-06-2007 08:41 AM

Bet the flop?

iggymcfly 08-06-2007 09:42 AM

Ribbo's actually right here. Any time you have AAxx in a NLO game, you should technically go all-in preflop. It's almost impossible to get as much of an edge by just bloating the pot when your opponents will know you have AAxx as you would by just taking all the money on the table. Plus, sometimes your opponents will get pissed and call off their stacks behind anyway.

Now if you're just trying to keep the game good and you're afraid your opponents will get pissed off enough to leave if you do this, then it's OK to just raise to $10 or so and represent some middling rundown type hand. Honestly though, overbetting enough to make it look like you have AAxx and still only getting 5% of your effective stack in is really bad.

Also, while it's OK to play for the small pot with double-suited aces here after it's been limped, if there was a raise and a couple calls in front of you, it would be a huge mistake not to shove. One of the biggest reasons that Omaha's played with a PL structure is to prevent players getting a huge edge whenever they have AAxx by being able to push preflop. It's stupid to give that away when it's given to you.

Oh, the rest of the hand's kind of dull, but you should bet the flop, check the turn, and fold the river.

Ribbo 08-06-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes your opponents will get pissed and call off their stacks behind anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen that more than a few times.