Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   16 FTP Pros in 500K today (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470065)

bustedromo 08-05-2007 07:43 PM

16 FTP Pros in 500K today

There are 16 FTP Pros in the 500K Guarantee today :

Chip Jett
Karina Jett
Thomas Wahlroos
Jim McManus
David Benyamine
David Chiu
Steve Brecher
Max Pescatori
Lynette Chan
Keith Sexton
Paul Sexton
Michael Craig
Stuart Paterson
Clonie Gowen
Toto Leonidas
JJ Liu

My understanding is that these guys have their buy-in covered by FTP. I'd rather FTP didn't pay for these guys and instead spread that $3456 back to paying players in some manner.

Please discuss ...

calf 08-05-2007 07:46 PM

Re: 15 FTP Pros in 500K today

I'd rather they just gave it all to me but that's also an idiotic idea.

DLizzle 08-05-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are 15 FTP Pros in the 500K Guarantee today :

My understanding is that these guys have their buy-in covered by FTP. I'd rather FTP didn't pay for these guys and instead spread that $3240 back to paying players in some manner.

Please discuss ...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure if FTP pays their entry, and even if they do, the site does give back the money because if you bust them you get a bounty equal to the buyin. end thread no discussion necessary.

CharlieDontSurf 08-05-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather they just gave it all to me but that's also an idiotic idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

knock all 15 out of the tourney and your good to go

bustedromo 08-05-2007 07:56 PM

It's a lose-lose proposition for paying players. The 500K Guarantee always oversells, and so these guys truly are getting a free ride on FTP profits, profits which paying players create.

The most key point is that if any of the FTP pros cashes that subtracts from the monies split-up between cashing players who paid buy-ins.

A side point is that any time one of these guys is at your table, you're life is made more difficult because (1) they tend to be very good players and (2) they have zero financial risk (other than their time) and so they can play an aggressive style more easily than others (on average).

A side point is that most of these FTP Pros are financially quite well off, so why should they get a free ride ? Why not randomly select FTP members for a free ride ?

I don't see what a lot of these guys add to my tournament experience. Who cares if you play with / bust-out Jim McManus or Toto Leonidas or one of the Sexton kids ?

It's just pure cronyism on Chris Ferguson's part.

Hotel Detect 08-05-2007 08:04 PM

Re: 16 FTP Pros in 500K today

[ QUOTE ]
There are 16 FTP Pros in the 500K Guarantee today :

Chip Jett
Karina Jett
Thomas Wahlroos
Jim McManus
David Benyamine
David Chiu
Steve Brecher
Max Pescatori
Lynette Chan
Keith Sexton
Paul Sexton
Michael Craig
Stuart Paterson
Clonie Gowen
Toto Leonidas
JJ Liu

My understanding is that these guys have their buy-in covered by FTP. I'd rather FTP didn't pay for these guys and instead spread that $3456 back to paying players in some manner.

Please discuss ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm they dont take the cash out of the prize pool so why would you care? I personally think that FTP does a better job taking care of players than most sites.

Sponger. 08-05-2007 08:06 PM

So they give them free entries, or they stop doing that and give them a pay raise. What is the difference? Its a promotion that a lot of bad players enjoy. You should thank them for doing this.

bustedromo 08-05-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm they dont take the cash out of the prize pool so why would you care? I personally think that FTP does a better job taking care of players than most sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the FTP Pros cash in the tournament it's paid for out of the tournament prize pool, that's why I care.

edfurlong 08-05-2007 08:07 PM

I don't understand the problem. Who cares who pays? The money is still in the prize pool.

Hotel Detect 08-05-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the FTP Pros cash in the tournament it's paid for out of the tournament prize pool, that's why I care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol this guy doesn't want poker pros to play in poker tournaments is basically what he is saying.